Deskside Support Engineer - Permanent - Edinburgh
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by Curo Services
Job Title - Deskside Support Engineer
Location - Edinburgh
Salary - £30 - £35K per annum
Benefits - Excellent Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Bonus, Income Protection, and Partner Assistance Programme.
Curo are partnering with an Investment Management business who are guided above all by the responsibility they have towards clients and their assets. They take a holistic approach to asset allocation, and recognise that environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues are becoming an increasingly important metric when considering long-term risk and return. The founders aim is to achieve steady returns over the long term, always with an eye on risk, using up-to-the-minute technology. They want everyone to have access to the sort of service and expertise that institutional investors would expect. They have grown immensely over recent years, and have maintained their friendly team.
This role would suit a conscientious candidate with the ability to logically and methodically problem solve IT incidents and outages. You will have excellent communications skills, and have a personable and efficient customer focused approach. We are looking for a candidate with strong experience supporting and troubleshooting M365 and Exchange Online, coupled with the ability to manage your time effectively. You will be confident troubleshooting Microsoft Teams issues, as well as supporting remote desktop solutions, specifically Azure Virtual Desktop or Microsoft RDS. This role requires broad knowledge of Windows 7/10, Office 2016+, as well as experience of supporting 3rd party desktop applications. The successful candidate will have experience installing and utilising server and desktop hardware, and a good understanding of ITIL processes and ITSM. An understanding of Jira ITSM tool would also be beneficial.
The purpose of this role is to provide first and second line support of the IT infrastructure to internal staff, and to other third party suppliers and clients where applicable. Ensuring that the IT infrastructure architecture remains consistently available to all users (including colleagues, clients, business partners and suppliers).
- Management of service or change requests.
- Management and delivery of scheduled daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
- Identification, management and resolution of incidents.
- Understand the business strategy and contribute to the overall goals of the business through infrastructure development, improvement and support.
- Reporting progress to Infrastructure Operations Manager, immediately escalating outages, major delays and other serious issues.
- Working closely with other members of the Infrastructure team, assisting with training and personal development.
- Providing timely and efficient infrastructure support to all users.
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support of the IT infrastructure as a priority, efficiently balancing requests via helpdesk tickets, phone calls and walk-ups.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software, ensuring infrastructure standards are maintained.
- Analysing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Adding, removing or updating user account information, permissions, resetting passwords etc.
- Assisting and applying operating system updates and patches.
- Maintaining and updating the Infrastructure team's documentation library.
- Troubleshooting and fault reporting of outages and issues.
- Ensuring that IT security policy and procedures are enforced and staff are aware of their roles in contributing to this.
- Assisting in distributing knowledge amongst members of the Infrastructure team to aid personal development and the improvement of the IT Infrastructure.
- Ability to logically and methodically problem solve IT incidents and outages.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent experience with supporting and troubleshooting M365 and Exchange Online.
- Excellent experience with supporting and troubleshooting Microsoft Teams.
- Experience with supporting remote desktop solutions, specifically Azure Virtual Desktop or Microsoft RDS.
- Excellent PC support skills including a broad knowledge of Windows 7/10, Office 2016+ and experience of supporting 3rd party desktop applications.
- Experience of installing and utilising server and desktop hardware.
- Understanding of ITIL processes and ITSM.
- Understanding of Jira ITSM tool is beneficial (not essential).
- Proven track record of delivering to commitments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of industry recognised IT and support practices.
- An understanding of IT infrastructure technologies. Including DNS, DHCP, routing, TCP/IP.
- A working knowledge of Exchange, Active Directory and Microsoft 365.
- A basic understanding of investment markets is an advantage.
- Comprehensive functional knowledge of Business Operations, processes and related Technology.
Microsoft Infrastructure specific certifications are a distinct advantage, eg, MCSE, MCP, MCITP, MCTS.
To apply for this Deskside Support Engineer permanent job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavours to respond to all applications, however this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Services is a trading name of Curo Resourcing Ltd and acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.