Network Technician.Security Cleared
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by McCabe & Barton
McCabe and Barton are partnering with a leading defence consultancy to offer a contract Network Technician. This is a fully on site position.
Contract Length: Initially 6 months
Working Style: On site
.As this is a sensitive role this will require pre-existing or eligibility to attain Security Clearance (SC) in line with the UK Government rules and regulations. This will include the pre- existing right to work in the UK without sponsorship and have been a resident within the UK for the last 5 years.
*see UK Government website for further information*
Purpose of Role:
The post holder will install, configure and maintain network equipment over multiple Data Centres and account office sites, network security appliances, such as Firewalls and IPSs. The candidate will use network analysis tools to research and resolve problems. Using monitoring tools to ensure networks are performing to standards and will maintain network plans, diagrams, work instructions and other documentation. The candidate will also install and terminate LAN cabling (fiber and copper).
- In depth experience in IP data networks
- CCNP or equivalent network experience
- Willingness to travel to remote Data Centre
- Experience of a complex data centre network environment
- Hands-on experience with CISCO layer 2/3 Switches and Firewalls inc Nexus
- Hands-on experience with McAfee Enterprise Firewalls
- Hands-on experience with F5 BigIP Load balancers
- Hands-on experience with Riverbed Steelhead WAN Optimisers
- Willing to participate in an on-call roster.
- A full UK driving licence