Software Security Engineer
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by Helvetica Partners Sarl
We are currently looking on behalf of one of our important clients for a Software Security Engineer. The role is a permanent position based in Solothurn or Bern Canton.
- Collaborate with enterprise & domain architects to review & establish secure architectures.
- Contribute to the strategy & roadmap of the enterprise security portfolio.
- Collaborate with Risk Management to assess product risks & identify & drive the implementation of appropriate mitigation measures.
- Guide the implementation of industry leading cloud security standards & best practices within teams (for example; secure coding best practices & internal security training).
- Provide advice & analysis on the security of products in development & existing products.
- Contribute to cybersecurity policies.
- Plan, execute or oversee the execution of vulnerability testing & scanning.
- Support backup policies, disaster recovery plans & business continuity planning.
- Participate in the due diligence process when adopting/purchasing new providers/SaaS/PaaS that integrates or interacts with data or infrastructure.
- Evaluate & monitor 3rd party providers from a security perspective & generate security status reports.
- Coordinate with Regulatory Affairs & Risk Management regarding security needs & regulatory standards & constraints-
- Create & manage a portfolio of cybersecurity & data protection design patterns for IoT solutions.
- Participation in project/product informal reviews & formal internal audits.
- At least 5 years of professional Software Engineering experience including experience in Software Security Engineering.
- Ideally experienced in .NET &/or Java.
- Skilled & experienced with modern development methods & tools (Scrum, TFS, Maven, git, CI/CD etc. ).
- Good experience with cloud applications & providers (AWS/Azure).
- Experienced with IoT applications & relevant communication protocols (Bluetooth, NFC, SSH, etc .).
- Solid experience in the areas of data security, data protection & data integrity.
- Experienced with relevant standards & regulations (ISO 27001, GDPR, FDA Cybersecurity Guidelines, etc ).
- Completed University Degree with specialization in IT or Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Very good communication skills in both an engineering & business context.
- Fluent in English (spoken & written), German language skills are considered very advantageous.
If you wish to apply, please send us your resume in Word format with some references.