Senior Embedded Software Test Engineer
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by Helvetica Partners Sarl
We are currently looking on behalf of one of our important clients for an Senior Embedded Software Test Engineer. The role is a permanent position based in Bern Canton with good home office allowance.
- Design software test strategies & the test concepts including test scripts within an interdisciplinary environment.
- Actively participate in test design & test implementation.
- Define basic quality goals & derives basic test procedures from them.
- Design necessary test levels & their test organization for products/sub-products.
- Define a concrete test framework in coordination with a product owner & development team.
- Analyze test objects & provide suggestions for improving test strategies, test concepts & all steps of test processes within projects.
- Act as a test supervisor/technical lead in a small team operating within a larger team.
- At least 5+ years of professional experience in Testing Embedded Devices with Microcontrollers &/or experience in Embedded Software Development including good exposure to Testing.
- At least 3 years of experience & strong expertise in Test Strategy & Design.
- Skilled in the use of Tools for Test Automation (TPT, Cucumber, Lauterbach Tracer etc.).
- Ideally a knowledge of the standards in the Medical Device sector (IEC62304, GAMP).
- Preferably a good knowledge of the terminology of Testing from ISTQB or ISO.
- Any experience as a Test Supervisor or Technical Lead is considered a plus.
- Completed University Degree in the fields of Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or similar.
- A CAS in the area of Testing is beneficial.
- Open, straightforward, persistent, resilient & adaptable.
- Precise, accurate, communicative & a team-player.
- Fluent in English (spoken & written), German language skills are considered a plus.
If you wish to apply, please send us your resume in Word or PDF format.