Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Anonymous
The role is a permanent, key managerial position within both the dairy operation and the business as a whole, reporting directly to the Operations Director.
The successful applicant must be a conscientious, focused individual who demands high standards from both themselves and staff under their control. The position will involve considerable use of computers and therefore a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications will be required. The position involves the management of a significant number of staff and has a number of key responsibilities within the remit which includes:
- To maintain the highest hygiene standards throughout the Dairy.
- To manage, update the company hygiene policies and procedures
- Ensure standards/specifications are adhered to relating to products and procedures.
- Ensure that staff are working in conjunction with the agreed Work Instructions.
- Ensure all Dairy operations are carried out in the most efficient manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Involved in writing / agreeing any new work instructions.
- Attend monthly Quality Management Meetings.
- Conduct investigations regarding on-going training issues and as part of disciplinary procedures.
- Stock control and management of all Dairy consumables, packaging, PPE, etc.
- Management of Dairy Control File and relevant accreditation
- Management of HACCP File
- Conduct periodic probation and performance reviews for staff under your management.
Previous experience within a Processing environment would be advantageous. You will have shared roles with the Production Manager and you will liaise very closely with the Production Manager on a daily basis to ensure efficiencies of business are met.
This is a full-time position which offers the flexibility to the successful applicant of a 40 hour or 48-hour week. Either working pattern will include every other Saturday rotation. Bank holidays will be included in the working week.
The role is paid at an hourly rate, with the first initial 12 weeks paid at £13.12 per hour, upon completion of this period the role will increase to £14.21 per hour
Ashley Kate HR