Product Design Manager
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
The post holder will be co-ordinating an experienced team with many years of specific trade experience to develop new product and improve existing lines using your understanding of technology, materials and manufacturing methods.
The work involves;
* Customer relationships
* Knowledge of standards and compliance
* You will be working alongside the sales, operations and finance teams, creating sales briefs and conducting market research, devising design proposals for specific projects. You will need to work to a budget, ensuring the designed item is cost effective
* Meeting with other members of the senior management team and/or clients to establish the design brief, including the concept, performance and production criteria.
* Coordinating ideas as part of a team
* Researching materials, processes and market requirements, keeping up to date with developments within the industry.
* Identifying the suitability and availability of materials
* Developing and presenting design concepts using Adobe Creative Cloud software
* Taking part in specialist or multidisciplinary team meetings
* Liaising with external specialists and internal departments, including marketing, to discuss and negotiate appropriate production processes, costs and commercial issues
* Producing detailed product specifications on Excel
* Working closely with the Compliance team, managing the testing process for new and existing lines.
* Travel to customers , trade shows and to suppliers in the Uk , Europe and Asia.
* Making presentations to the senior management team or clients
* A high degree of technical knowledge balanced with creative ability and a hands on ' can do' approach
* Visual and spatial awareness
* Commercial awareness
* Computer literacy, Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
* Knowledge of appropriate industrial processes, techniques and standards
* Communication and customer service skills (internal and external customers)
* The ability to cope with the pressure of deadlines
* A willingness to build and maintain positive working relationships and to share information with others
* Determination to achieve an end result along with optimism and enthusiasm when things don't go to plan
* Educated to HND or degree level in a product/industrial design related subject however, prior industrial experience with industry contacts will be considered an advantage. A portfolio of your design work will be required.
Working Hours: Typically, 07.45 -17.00 Monday - Thursday, 08.00 - 13.00 Friday