Posted on Jan 14, 2019 by Anonymous
A superb opportunity has arisen with our bespoke client - an outstanding British manufacturer and leading name in the design and manufacture of materials for the boat mooring industry.
About the job:
As a sewing machinist you will cut fabric pieces from pattern templates, overlock, sew and finish products prior to packing them ready for retail. This will include taking both imperial and metric measurements to work from job specific measurements and instructions.
Full training will be provided on start to finish production on the complete product range, all machines and processes used, cutting to finishing and internal ICT systems.
- Some experience of using a sewing machine
- Organised, self-motivated with a 'can do' attitude
- Able to comfortably sit and concentrate for long periods
- Willing and eager to learn/hone a detailed skill
- Above average eye for attention to detail
- Take pride in ownership of work
- Able to work well as part of a team and welcome the opportunity to take on further skills and responsibilities such as: embroidery, quality control.
- Experience working with industrial sewing machines and overlockers
- Basic IT skills
Hours of work:
Hours are currently 8am-3pm Monday to Friday but flexibility to work 9-3pm if required. This will be a total of 30 hours per week - occasional Saturdays may be requested.
- Free onsite parking.
- Light modern built for purpose facility - provides a conducive work environment.
- Please note a machine test will form part of the interview process.
- This position would commence on a temp to perm basis whereby it would lead to a permanent position for the right candidate following a successful 12 week period.
- 28 days holiday
How to apply:
To apply for this position through HR GO Somerset Ltd please click on the 'Apply' button.
Please note, though every effort is made to contact every applicant, due to the number of positions and applications received this is not always possible. If you are not contacted within 14 days, please note on this occasion you have been unsuccessful, however please check our website regularly for more positions ((url removed))