Assist Shop Manager
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Anonymous
£15,760 per annum (pro-rata) - 20.5 hours per week.
Are you an experienced Team Leader, looking for a new role, as an Assistant Manager?
We are currently recruiting a Part-Time, Assistant Shop Manager, for a well-known charity, in Marlborough.
Assistant Shop Manager Key Accountabilities and Areas of Responsibility:
The prime purpose is to assist the Store Manager with all aspects of recruitment, training, management and development of the shop volunteers. Volunteer numbers range from 20 to 40, depending on the shop's location.
A key element will be to provide supervision and support to all shop volunteers.
Another crucial aspect will be to be responsible for the security of the shop premises, the stock held and accountable for the takings and complying with the prescribed banking procedures.
Responsibilities will include but will not be restricted to:
* Ensuring compliance with Trading Standards and Health and Safety legislation, maintaining a safe environment for customers and volunteers.
* Effectively managing and displaying stock in order to maximise footfall and sales.
* Ensure adequate volunteer cover is in place during opening hours, managing a rota arrangement across all volunteers.
* Regularly liaise with the Shop Manager on sales, stock levels and promotional ideas.
* As a member of the Shop Management Team, contribute to the development of ideas for new promotions and other improvements to presentation and retail practice.
* Ensure that all relevant documentation relating to cash handling is processed and that all discrepancies are investigated and documented.
* Undertake daily till and safe reconciliation and banking, in the absence of the Shop Manager.
* Attend all training courses and meetings as directed by the Area Manager/Head of Retail, relaying relevant information to all shop volunteers.
Assistant Shop Manager Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
* An understanding of the Retail and Charity/Volunteer based sectors.
* Knowledge of the Trading Standards requirements in relation to the sale of goods and consumer rights.
* Hold, or be prepared to achieve, a current qualification or certificate in First Aid.
* Awareness of and compliance with the Health and Safety act legislation and requirements.
* Proven line management experience, ideally gained within the Retail or Voluntary sectors.
* Experience of effective stock control management and product display design.
* Accurate cash management skills and effective shop security knowledge.
* Good interpersonal skills, including customer service and relationship management.
* Effective time management and organisation/planning skills in order to prioritise a varied workload in a busy environment.
* Excellent "team player" in order to provide support to volunteers and colleagues.
* Ability to create an excellent front of house impression for customers.
* A team player, experienced in delivering accurate work on a timely basis in order to ensure team success.
* Has a flexible attitude with a desire to ensure that our client provide an excellent service and plays a key part in that delivery.
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 21 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate's requirement's to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit our website to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you
Jackie Kerr Recruitment Ltd