Team Leader and Trainer
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Anonymous
Base: Manchester (partial home working considered), some delivery in Sedbergh to be negotiated
Hours: Full time, flexible working hours including residential stays, evening and weekends required at times
* Taking responsibility for day to day overseeing of work and management decisions for a small team of operational employees and associated contractors.
* To deliver high quality education programs to veterans
Duties and responsibilities:
* Working alongside the data manager/ information analyst with the support of the clinical project lead and appropriate consultants, develops processes and procedures for the team in relation to referral, assessment, risk management, evaluation, and feedback.
* Oversees the referral, screening and assessment processes
* Provides information and recommendations to the advisory board regarding candidate progression through the program
* Delivers and/or coordinates delivery of educational modules as part of residential courses for veterans on the topics of individual development, life skills and employment
* Forms relationships with and supports veteran candidates who may have complex needs.
* Oversees the coordination of residential and employment placements
* Responds to concerns about risks relating to candidates harming themselves or others, assesses risk, and escalates to appropriate services and/or the clinical project lead where necessary
* Takes responsibility for day to day team management including overseeing annual leave, sickness processes, allocation of work and supporting the safety and well being of team members.
* Contributes to the induction of new team members, including taking responsibility for familiarising them with processes, procedures and risk management.
* Takes responsibility for day to day budget related decisions for the team
* Consults the clinical project lead and/or central team in relations to any budget issues and major spending decisions
* Undertakes other tasks as agreed with the clinical project lead and/or central team
Degree in a social care discipline
A relevant professional qualification and registration e.g. Professional Qualification in Probation (PQiP) or Social Work or RMN
Further study in a relevant field
Working with clients who have complex needs
Risk assessment of individuals
Acting as a team leader or supervisor
Delivering group based interventions
Experience of working in a probation setting
Delivering psychologically informed interventions
Mental capacity assessment
NVQ assessment or similar
Skills, attributes, & knowledge:
Good PC skills
Excellent communication and leadership skills
Empowering and inspiring clients
Organisational and time-management skills
Able to work autonomously
Knowledge of the mental capacity act and other relevant legislation, such as data protection and mental health acts
If you're interested and can start ASAP please apply today! Or contact on (phone number removed)
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone
Claremont Consulting Ltd