Transport Call Handler
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
£ 9.00 per hour
Temp to perm
My client is the world's leading contract logistics provider. They have proven expertise within the automotive, consumer, chemicals, energy, engineering and manufacturing, life sciences and healthcare, retail and technology sectors.
In today's growing global market there are continuously offering innovative logistic solutions. The life science and healthcare sector require call handlers for their Patient Transport service based in Enfield.
- To provide effective telephone answering to the general public, health care professionals, services users and other agencies.
- To receive and record all aspects of patient related information on computer terminal.
- To fully utilise the control system in recording patient related information, planning patients to the Specialist Medical Vehicles and controlling the all Specialist Medical Services resources
- To pass journey details by telephone and mobile data terminals to vehicle crew staff and update computer system of action taken.
- To liaise with all Patient Transport Contracts, staff and other agencies using the telephone and e-mail.
- To undertake duties within service procedures and instructions to ensure that performance standards are achieved.
- Participate in on-going service quality review.
- To undertake administrative duties as directed.
- Filing as appropriate and as directed.
- Other duties appropriate as may be required from time to time.
- To attend/participate in any training deemed appropriate and necessary to ensure effective performance and personal development.
- To assist with special projects as and when required.
- Comply with all instructions, procedures, guidelines, protocols, policies and relevant systems and to adhere to all statutory legislation.
- Experience within a customer orientated organisation
- Experience using a telephone and e-mail as a regular means of communication in a work environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines, at times under considerable pressure, without compromising standards of performance.
- Inquisitive mind and proven questioning skills.
- An assertive but empathetic manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- IT skills
- Demonstrate the ability to be tactful and diplomatic as required.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of Service procedures and instructions.
- Ability to work to defined procedures and instructions.
- Demonstrate high level of commitment to the provision of an efficient and effective service
- Experience of working in a call centre environment
- Experience of using 'Cleric' or similar computerised scheduling and control system
- Route planning & scheduling recourses
- Willing to participate in the development of the service.
- Ability to share knowledge and experience-
- Geographical knowledge of the London area
Please contact Pertemps Enfield if you feel you are suitable for this role
Gordon Yates Limited
Swanstaff Recruitment Ltd