Income & Business Development Lead x 2 positions
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda - one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We're immensely proud of our flexible working options.
The Customer & Revenue Optimisation team is responsible for marketing and promotion, improving customer experiences, channel shift and developing new service offers and events across Customer. The team is also responsible for developing partnerships, generating sustainable income, managing commercial relationships and analysis of the cost of service delivery to ensure best value is delivered.
This role will be responsible for leading the identification, review, development and implementation of a pipeline of new opportunities in a defined quadrant and on a county-wide basis that generate sustainable income for the Customer function. Ideally with a business development background, this role will require commercial awareness to identify and assess the viability of potential options and prioritise the best options for the function to consider. Experience of identifying potential target markets for new customers will be critical in order to maximise the opportunities to build on new services for existing customers. This role will lead on the research, development and submission of bids for new grant funding opportunities.
• Responsible for highlighting and developing new sustainable income streams from additional services, maximising income and ensure able to reduce costs from existing services while delivering a high standard of customer service.
• Responsible for maximising business opportunities and ensure able to deliver additional services for existing customers, as well as, identifying and developing target markets for new customers and services and being aware of competitor threats to current revenue streams
• Responsible for identifying opportunities to improve the customer journey and deliver change initiatives to ensure they add value to the service proposition
• Work with colleagues to ensure opportunities are fully costed and potential revenue understood, together with the development of robust business cases which incorporate risks and how these might be mitigated. Ensure appropriate Service Level Agreements defined and signed up to by participating partners and customers.
• Responsible for working with colleagues across Customer to develop and deliver new service offers, improved business processes and high quality customer service.
• Utilise data including customer feedback, to monitor, report and make informed decisions about service developments to ensure quality and value for money.
• Responsible for the development and presentation of robust business cases to ensure approval gained for innovative approaches to attract new customers.
• Responsible for supporting the continued development of the customer culture which embraces change ensuring the Six Pillars of Customer Excellence is embedded across the service and processes.
• Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, skills and experience
• Educated to A level or equivalent by experience with evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant professional area.
• Proven working experience and track record of delivering sustainable revenue streams in the public or private sector including working with customers and suppliers.
• Experience in the development of costing and pricing models
• Evidence of ability to negotiate and influence others in developing business relationships with a range of stakeholders and partners • Evidence of business development experience in a customer environment
• Strong background in project delivery and planning including knowledge of project methodologies, business analysis skills and can demonstrate change management experience.
• Proven experience of developing services for a customer facing environment and delivering excellent customer services
• Excellent communication skills, able to present in a clear, compelling way.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us
Capita Managed Services
Essex County Council