Experienced Statement taker required to work in Crawley
Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by Anonymous
RSR Police are currently recruiting for Statement Takers to work on a temporary contract based in Crawley. The Statement Taker will be required to conduct initial and secondary enquires on active crime investigations within the Response Investigation Team.
Main duties and responsibilities
* To conduct initial and secondary enquiries on active crime investigations as directed by the Response Investigation Team (RIT) Supervisor or as requested by colleagues.
* To include the taking of statements and securing evidence including CCTV.
* To support Investigating Officer / RIT Investigators to plan and complete statements from victims and witnesses to identify and maximise all available evidence. Ensure statements are typed, legible and they meet the required evidential standard and quality standards complying with guidelines laid down by the Crown Prosecution Service.
* To support Investigating Officer / RIT Investigators to complete any pre-charge, post-charge or other offence disposal case papers, ensuring compliance with either Force policy or the Directors Manual of Guidance for file preparation.
* To seize and recover CCTV in accordance with Force Policy ensuring continuity of evidence and exhibits.
* To ensure they are customer focused by providing victims and witness's full updates with case progression and providing the necessary support, protection and referral to multi-agencies as appropriate. Take full responsibility in providing excellent customer service to the individuals they have contact with.
* To attend briefings held by RIT supervisor for the team and take an active role in proving support to the team. This could involve being allocated actions such as taking statements, viewing CCTV, ceasing exhibits, etc, all of which would provide support to officer's daily work.
* Statement Taking
* PIP1 or PIP2
* Working knowledge of current criminal legislation to be able to fulfil this role to the highest possible standard, be literate and possess excellent communication skills in both written and verbal communication.
* Full UK driving license
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to apply.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay £75, in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer
4site Recruitment Limited
Leaders Romans Group