Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Anonymous
The role is full time, to start ASAP and paying £245 PAYE or £300 Umbrella per day. The role is in scope of IR35.
Purpose of the role:
To assist in the provision of an efficient, effective and client-orientated accountancy service for council departments in accordance with relevant statutory requirements and the policies and proper expectations of the Director of Finance and the City Council.
To undertake project work under the direction of the Director of Finance, Head of Accounting Services and Principal Accountant (Services).
To contribute to the achievement of highest possible professional standards in the format, promptness and managerial relevance of all financial information, and to help ensure that public funds are well managed and accounted for.
Key tasks & deliverables:
* The preparation of annual General Fund revenue budgets, incorporating the Capital Programme, in co-operation with staff of client departments and Finance Department.
* To liaise with staff of client departments in order to develop appropriate management and financial information systems to meet their requirements.
* To draft, and contribute to, the production of reports to Officers and Members of the City Council.
* The production of reports and financial advice to Officers and Members of the City Council.
* Completion of questionnaires, relevant CIPFA statistics, Government returns and grant claims.
* To attend briefings and working parties as necessary.
* To assist in the supervision and training and development of the accountants and accountancy assistants.
* To be responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of specific projects and areas of work, as assigned.
* To carry out any other duties as required from time to time in accordance with the grading of the post.
* To observe the Council's equal opportunities policy and race equality statement in all aspects of employment and service provision.
* To be aware of, and comply with, the Council's policies and procedures on health and safety at work by adopting safe working practices; reporting any accidents and/or unsafe or hazardous conditions to management; and to do everything reasonable to prevent personal injury to themselves, fellow workers and members of the public.
* To ensure confidentiality at all times in all matters relating to any work or communication within the Department and the City Council.
* Local authority budgeting & accounting
* Development of complex financial modelling
* Use of FMS systems & office applications
Personal Skills and Qualities
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Excellent IT skills
* Confident dealing with Directors and senior managers
* Highly motivated
* Able to work effectively on own initiative
Please only apply for this post if you have all the skills, experience and qualifications as mentioned above.
As the role is to start urgently, please only apply if you are available on no more than a week's notice.
Your expert recruitment consultant is Charlotte Townend, call today on (phone number removed) or email Eden Brown Synergy is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Synergy is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
Pure Resourcing Solutions