Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by Anonymous
* Review Build Specification and drawings in preparation for enquiries
* Send out enquiries for appropriate materials, collate and analyse quotations, place orders with suitable suppliers for specified materials ensuring goods are delivered on the within agreed timescales and purchased at the most competitive rates and within budget.
* Prepare take offs where required and produce schedules, where required
* Ensure quality and performance of materials are in line with required standards.
* Consolidate purchases of material to achieve maximum economic benefit.
* Interview and appoint new/potential suppliers.
* Study and analyse markets to make recommendations of possible specification changes which would represent savings without detracting from quality requirements
* Encourage and develop wherever feasible negotiated agreements with suppliers and manufacturers
* Inform other departments of all relevant information regarding changes in materials, major price movements, delivery lead times and individual supply situations.
* Look into Group Buying deals where possible if deemed a benefit to the Company, in conjunction with the Commercial Director.
* Obtain and issue Collateral Warranties for any sub-contract designed works
* Provide support to Financial Department regarding PODs, invoices and other general queries
* Monitor damages, theft and maintenance in conjunction with Site Management Team.
* Analyse and advise of any fluctuations in price or potential supply issues and look at alternative ways to alleviate the problem pro-actively
* Action site requests for additional materials that are not covered on the bulk orders.
* Authorise all site call-offs for bulk materials with suppliers, called off at site level in line with bulk orders
* Order and authorise the hire of plant and small tools.
* Chase deliveries from suppliers that are overdue or urgent if Construction team are struggling with suppliers
* Meet representatives for information on new product, price queries, delivery problems and general partnership building.
* Visit supplier's premises to assess products and procedures, where deemed necessary.
* Organise health and safety and welfare/utilities facilities for s site staff including compound set up and sales cabins (when required).
* Liaise with all relevant colleagues with relation to new site starts, technical problems, new suppliers and general queries.
* At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
* Contribute to improving the processes by putting forward new ideas and, when requested to do so, implementing change.
* Ensure that the terms and conditions imposed by suppliers are fair and reasonable
* Ensure that good relationships are fostered with suppliers
* Be responsible for materials tendering, negotiation and placing of orders
* Internal relationships
* Effectively assist in being an active member of the commercial team, including providing support to Trainee's and Commercial support staff
* Ensure effective interaction between the Commercial team and the Technical and Construction Teams
* Liaise with your direct report on a regular basis
* Mentor and assist Buyers
Deliver a high standard of performance.
The job holder will be primarily responsible for the achievement of the company's business plan's development effort, in terms of moving all schemes successfully through from inception to completion and manage the process throughout. Specifically, he/she should demonstrate a good working knowledge of:
* Negotiation skills
* Supplier/ Client relations (when called upon)
* Aiding the Quantity surveying team, when required, on Bi-monthly CVR reporting
He/she should also review the company's quality, environmental and health and safety performance, to ensure a record of continual improvement by the implementation to best practices.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
* Delivery of project milestones on time.
* Maintaining deadlines in line with the project pipeline programmes
* Commercial value of project is maximised at all times
* All projects have a clear, understood deliverable strategy agreed between all departments
* Sufficient resources are made available to projects to avoid delay or reduction in quality.
* Efficiency improvements are introduced to reduce cost of delivery and operation.
* Ability to challenge costs and reduce risk
TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION REQUIRED:
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in the Housing Development/Construction sector
* Degree/HNC/HND qualification desirable but dependent on experience
* Clean full driving licence.
The role will report directly to the Commercial Director (or Regional Managing Surveyor- Derby) by means of periodic face to face meetings/discussions and daily conversations to discuss and project specific issues. Hands on role with the project team to deliver targeted key review stages and milestones. The role will require periodic site visits, when required, to keep abreast of site progress and potential material/supply issues and regular liaison with the Site Management team
* Fit and healthy with a strong work ethic.
* Good communicator and listener.
* Resilient and resolute in pursuit of goals, gravitas to lead.
* Team member
* Sound judgement in all people and operations related matters.
* Results orientation
* Problem solving
* Decision making
* Environmental awareness
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Brookwood Recruitment Limited