Project Manager (Commercial Projects)
Posted on Jan 15, 2019 by NATIONAL TRUST
This two year fixed term role will be based at our Regional Office in Rowallane, Saintfield but will involve working on Commercial Projects across the region.
Do you feel motivated by a role that is varied and diverse? Can you be one of our project management experts, and deliver outstanding commercial development projects time and time again? Do you love the idea of working as part of a top-class team of commercial and conservation professionals, on a variety of very special places? If so this role could be for you.
Interviews are scheduled for Wednesday 6th February 2019 at Rowallane Gardens, Saintfield.
What you'll be doing
Working across our properties in Northern Ireland, you'll be part of the National Trust Consultancy. Our plans our ambitious as we seek to make the most of the growth of tourism in Northern Ireland and realise opportunities in partnership with the vibrant filming sector (HBO - Game of Thrones etc). You'll lead on the delivery of a number of high value commercial projects, often within wider visitor infrastructure and conservation projects such as the Giants Causeway and Carrick-a-Rede refresh, the development of the Demesne at Mount Stewart, and Castle Ward amongst many others.
It's an exciting time for the project management community at the National Trust working within a growing network of project managers sharing expertise and implementing our award winning project management framework. From high quality physical infrastructure and commercial fit-out at our properties, to protecting the historic fabric of our buildings and refurbishing current commercial facilities, the scope and variety is immense and you'll manage a portfolio of large commercial projects including Food & Beverage, accommodation, weddings, corporate events etc.
Working with a diverse range of stakeholders in the Trust and also external agencies, contractors and funders you'll ensure that everyone involved is informed, on track, and up to date with each projects progress. You will also support national working practices/groups who are focused on delivery of commercial projects.
Who we're looking for
We want not just a passion for project management but commercial expertise, knowledge and experience. In order to be successful you'll need to have:
- Experience of delivering commercial projects in a multi-disciplinary environment, at pace, with a clear client focus.
- Project management expertise from planning stage and feasibility studies through to construction phase delivery and financial management.
- A creative approach, with the ability to identify opportunities, drive improvement and change.
- The ability to work and effectively manage your time across several projects.
- The ability to build strong working relationships and confidence in your ability to share your expertise, insight and ideas with colleagues and clients alike.
- A wide knowledge and understanding of commercial operations and requirements.
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality
We do not accept CVs or covering letters for Northern Ireland vacancies. Please fill out the online application form on the National Trust Jobs website.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applicants regardless of religious beliefs, political opinion, race, sex, marital status, age or disability.