Senior House Steward
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by NATIONAL TRUST
Can you bring our special place to life in all sorts of exciting and imaginative ways? Are you passionate about great conservation? Can you deliver exceptional service every time, for everyone? If so, this is the perfect job for you.
What you'll be doing
You will already have proven experience with managing an historic house and collection, as well as successfully leading staff and volunteers - this role will give you a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills further. Working alongside the House and Collections Manager you will work closely with the wider property team to make sure that we are not only looking after this special place to the highest standards, but we are also providing the best, creative visitor experience.
Our volunteers are particularly important to us and are key to delivering fantastic visitor experience as well as assisting with the conservation of our property. You will be the main link for our House volunteers and it's important that you have experience and knowledge of how to work well with them.
You will make sure that our house and collections procedures and ways of working are in line with our Museum Accreditation status.
Who we're looking for
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Knowledge and operational experience of collections management and care in historic properties and some experience of collections management systems
- Good working knowledge of preventative conservation and an awareness of Museum Accreditation standards
- An impressive eye for even the smallest of details and are comfortable working from height
- Knowledge of Health and Safety & emergency procedures.
And you'll need to demonstrate the following experience on your CV/application;
- Some knowledge and experience of managing budgets and finance.
- Experience of managing staff & volunteers Strong communication skills and the ability to engage with a variety of audiences.
- An understanding of how enhance our visitor experience through the presentation of information or interpretative material