Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Hays
Your new company
A Central Government organisation who report into the Home Office are looking to recruit a Business Analyst to join their expanding IT division. The principal focus of the role is to develop and implement business change initiatives, including:
Your new role
- Ensure that the requirements are fully captured and analysed, including all functional, non-functional and management information elements and corresponding business rules and decision logic
- Using the results of usability reviews of existing systems to inform requirements for improvements to systems.
- Work with business change owners and IT suppliers (where required) to ensure that requirements are clearly understood and necessary information is available.
- Contribute to the definition of a full end to end service, including process development and data specifications (where applicable)
- Lifecycle project implementation (Business Process Model, Function Models, Data Models, Requirements Catalogue, Glossary of Terms, Define responsibility matrixes.
- High level and detailed process analysis, including mapping, gap analysis, design and optimisation
- Build strong relationships with Key Contacts listed above and to communicate effectively and provide support with stakeholder analysis activities.
- Using research and analysis to assist delivery of process and operational change within appropriate organisational structures, service standards, governance arrangements
Converting requirements into business change solutions including reviewing specifications as well as contributing to test and release management approaches.
What you'll need to succeed
- Ability to both initiate business analysis of a subject area and to build on previous analysis and modelling work using research and analysis skills.
- Experience in workshop facilitation, interviews, observation and other stakeholder engagement techniques such as elicitation workshops, conducting interviews, developing and analysing surveys
- Ability to see how technology, business process re-engineering and organisational re-design can enable development and realisation of objectives.
- Experience of "As-is" and "To-be" process analysis and process modelling/mapping
- Ability to analyse business requirements and changes to create viable specifications and acceptance criteria that enables effective delivery of business solutions.
- Public Sector experience
- Experience currently working as a Business Analyst or previously
- Experience in data modelling and SQL
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary of up to £31,000
- Full Civil Service benefits
- Progression and support with professional qualifications.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
NORD ANGLIA EDUCATION-2
FDM GROUP PLC
We Are SSG