Research and Lead Generation Manager
Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by Cancer Research UK
Salary: Circa £33,000 p.a. + car allowance or London Weighting + excellent benefits
Contract length: Permanent
Location: Home-based or Angel-based
We will be running this recruitment on a rolling basis. Please submit your application as soon as possible.
Are you an ambitious and sharp minded individual ready to help us change the face of cancer research?
The Research and Lead Generation Manager works across Community Teams, Identifying lead generation and research needs and opportunities. They lead and manage a team that delivers high-quality leads. They oversee and prioritise proactive and reactive research that unlocks opportunities and enables Community teams to hit their targets..
- Help set the vision for the Research & Acquisition team and to scope out sustainable prospecting strategies that will ensure financial targets are met.
- Keep track of competitor activity and trends within community fundraising marketplace to identify new avenues for prospecting and areas for research.
- Work closely with income stream managers to understand the pipeline, spot gaps and opportunities, and sets priorities for the Research & Acquisition team to tackle.
- Represent VF in cross-organisational prospect identification project
- Develop effective methods of passing prospects and information to the relevant canvassers and managers in a way that promotes suitable next steps.
- Develops ways of evaluating the results of the Research & Acquisition team's work and the value added by the team.
- Delivers high quality research which builds the VF pipeline by identifying new prospects, increasing the Department's knowledge of existing prospects and scoping out new markets and prospect sources.
- Leads and line manages the Research & Acquisition team ensuring they have appropriate objectives and challenging development plans.
To succeed in this role, you will have…
- Very strong research and analytical skills
- Proven ability to think strategically and prioritise
- Track record of success in professional research, using a variety of resources and methods
- Strong experience of stakeholder management and line management
- Experience of working in a fundraising or sales environment
- Understanding of how fundraising pipelines work
- Innovative and always ready to take the initiative, solve problems and think laterally
- Able to build strong professional relationships and networks
If you're as ambitious as we are they we'd love to hear from you. Join our collective force and enjoy a rewarding career helping us beat cancer sooner.
Aquent & Vitamin T
Buchan and London Recruitment
LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND POLITICAL SCIENCE