Senior Associates - Controls Assurance - Banking & Capital Markets
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by PWC-1
A career in our Information Technology Process Controls practice, within Process Assurance services, will enable you to assist clients in optimising control activities, organisational strategy, and policies and procedures. You'll conduct transaction testing, perform readiness assessments, and leverage various technical Information Technology controls (e.g. databases, operating systems, data warehouses, and reporting tools) in order to help our clients achieve optimal operational efficiency.
Our team helps organisations navigate the increasingly complex reporting environments by improving internal controls and increasing confidence in the quality of the information produced by their technology systems. We focus on designing and optimising internal controls and assurance services around finance, compliance, and operational processes.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
We work with more Tier 1 banks in the UK and globally than our competitors and are the UK market leaders for Controls Assurance in the banking sector. Our team is led from our More London office with the majority of our clients being based in London and if it suits your personal needs there are also many opportunities to travel. Increasing demand from our clients for our ever increasing range of services, provides us with the opportunity to grow our team and support clear career development for our professionals.
- University degree
- Experience in evaluating technology that supports financial & operational application systems and related business processes
- Experience in auditing IT systems of banks or other financial services firms
- Experience in managing junior colleagues and an interest in developing others
- Experience in working in complex environments with large organisations
- Strong time management skills, including flexibility to work with shifting priorities and client needs
- Project management and analytical skills
- Client relationship-building and management skills
- Strong verbal, presentation and report writing skills
- Leadership qualities
- Computer Science or Accounting & Business Administration degree, or similar
- ACA and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualification, or equivalent
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It's work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.