Penetration Tester - Cyber Security - London
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by PWC-1
PwC's Cyber Security team has plans for significant growth as our clients demand greater assistance with increasingly complex information technology risks. Our clients include leading global and UK based organisations and they rely upon us to help them design and advise on information security processes and controls to effectively safeguard their organisations.
Currently we are looking to recruit up talented people across our UK practice. We are looking to recruit at Manager level as well as Senior Analyst in our Ethical Hacking team to work in our National Cyber Threat Operations (CTO) team and across the global network.
Our rapidly growing Cyber practice has specialists in assessing our clients security posture by attacking their systems. With the permission of their owners we prod, poke, spear and crack systems to prepare our clients for when the real threats come knocking. We give them a view on how effective their current defences are.
We are looking for people who are Information Security CREST (Council of Registered Ethical Security Testers) registered / certified testers, TIGER QSTM/SST or CESG CHECK accredited. You need to have a passion for this area, and really understand what it means to use ethical hacking skills to help organisations protect their systems and their business and personal information assets. If this sounds appealing, then we advise you to review our job description.
Join us and you could be responsible for trying to break the most advanced defences in the world working with the best in their fields across industries, sectors and territories. You could learn to develop the next generation of testing malware, working closely with forensic specialists on real custom malware samples pulled from network packet captures, or you may be coordinating a team targeting a client using your knowledge of the way adversaries operate.
Either way you'll need an enquiring mind, the tenacity to overcome technical challenges, and an ability to approach problems from different perspectives using unusual or non-conventional means, and being able to articulate your work to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Daily Life in our team:
• Managing and delivering security testing assignments;
• Performing a variety of security testing assignments, including red teaming, infrastructure and applications;
• Defining the scope for security testing assignments;
• Managing complex multi-faceted security testing assignments;
• Developing and quality assuring security test reports;
• Working with clients to develop appropriate remediation plans;
• Supporting senior members of staff in the sale of security testing assignments;
• Providing thought leadership and direction for the Information Security practice on malware, attack vectors and methods to protect against threats;
• Helping recruit, retain and develop the Information Security team by bringing superior leadership skills;
• Teaming up with PwC colleagues in other lines of services in support of client needs for Information Security services;
• Working either as senior subject matter experts in their field and/or manage teams in delivering client excellence.
Skills you will need as an Ethical Hacking Consultant:
The following qualifications are expected from potential applicants:
• Application and/or infrastructure penetration testing experience above and beyond running automated tools.
• A good understanding of Unix, Windows and network security skills.
• Excellent written and communication skills in English.
• Ability to work both independently and perform as a leader in a team environment.
• Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), CREST Registered Tester (CRT) or industry equivalent.
• Degree from an accredited University or equivalent.
The following skills are not required from applicants but would be considered a differentiator:
• CREST recognised penetration testing certification/accreditation (CREST Certified Tester (CCT) or CHECK Team Leader (CTL).
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related major.
• Experience developing custom scripts or tools used for vulnerability scanning and identification.
• Familiarity with threat modelling and security design review methodologies;
• Support team technical development (e.g. through service development or research) and contribute to company technical processes overall
• Development and/or source code review experience in C/C++, C#, VB.NET, ASP, PHP, or Java.
• Experience with red teaming tests, physical security testing, phishing and social engineering techniques.
• Experience with sales, scoping and client/project management;
• British National able to gain/hold UK government SC clearance
The skills we look for in future employees
All of our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional'.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
The PwC Deal
No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all routes offer the same deal. The opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build lasting relationships that will stay with you for life. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a personally tailored benefits package.
We recognise that to bring value to our clients, we need to provide the best advice around technological innovation as it's so critical to our client's growth. If you're passionate about technology, you'll get expert training and the opportunity to specialise in a sought after discipline.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as possible.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here
B C T Resourcing