Resource Manager - Compliance - Tax - Birmingham
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by PWC-1
About the Role
A career in Resourcing and Deployment, within internal firm services, will provide you with the opportunity to work in cross line of service staffing helping our network be even more agile in the ever evolving markets we work with, providing the right people on the right projects at the right time. You'll focus on ensuring that resources of suitable skills and calibre are available for tasks and activities as required as well as managing the education, planning, and skills enhancement associated with resources.
This is an exciting time for Resource Management as we build on the professionalism of our people and work closely with the business to develop and implement PwC business and people strategy. PwC's Resource Management (RM) team has been centralised to assist the firm in being more agile and providing the right people on the right projects at the right time.
This role will be based in our Birmingham office. You will have strategic oversight of the deployment for 100 staff within the Compliance Services GM team and will have 3 resource officers reporting to you.
Essential skills and experience:
- Deployment and Manpower Planning
- Main point of contact for assigned portfolio, delivering the day to day deployment requirements
- Managing resourcing conflicts and priorities
- Understand the implication of profitability, engagement, agility and retention goals and the impact on resourcing decisions
- Ability to learn new deployment systems quickly and implement into the business
Knowledge and Skills:
- Relationship Skills including communicating and Influencing -
- Build relationships - with those being deployed as well as those requesting resources
- Consult and enquire with stakeholders to understand their needs and wants.
- Respond with empathy and understanding to enhance relationships
- Take an active role in resource management projects and initiatives
- Strategy and Change Management
- Understand the Business Unit, resource management firm-wide strategy and work to support these
- Understand the pipeline opportunities to enable appropriate decisions about available resources
- Stakeholder Management
- Build relationships with stakeholders to become a trusted advisor and point of contact on resourcing matters
- Actively manage expectations and escalate where necessary
Commercial Acumen and Financial Management:
- Understand the financial implications of the resourcing decisions made
- Understand the business unit needs and priorities for resourcing
- Produce and analyse Management information to make recommendations and decisions
- Team and Personal Development
- Actively seek and identify opportunities for development
- Give and receive constructive feedback to improve performance
- Draw on resources across the business unit and resource management as appropriate
- Ideally some commitment to previous positions in terms of timescales
- Is motivated and is a self-starter/can work fairly independently
Who we are looking for:
To enable us to deliver our strategy, we want to attract Resource Managers from varying backgrounds and industries who have experience:
- Day to day deployment of staff to projects/assignments balancing the needs of the business with the needs of the individuals
- Encouraging the take up of secondments and cycles of experience to our people
- Improving agility by utilising people in our growth/strategic priority areas both within your immediate area and across the firm as a whole
- Producing, using and analysing information to make resourcing decisions and recommendations
- Build relationships within the business unit and the wider resourcing function to enable greater effectiveness in providing solutions for resourcing demands
- Somebody who has the ability to effectively manage resource officers
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal)
- Manage conflicting deadlines and priorities
- Pro-active approach in a highly face paced environment
- Ability to think creatively when resourcing projects
- Understand and analyse information to support decision making
- Deliver quality outputs whilst under pressure
- Use technology and established tools effectively
- Building relationships quickly and having the ability to report emotional intelligence to the resourcing senior manager
Internal firm services
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Internal firm services is a network of specialist support professionals and includes marketing, recruitment, human capital, finance, technology, learning and development, procurement, to name but a few. Each team plays a vital role in making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology across our business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here