Senior Marketing Manager - One Firm Campaigns Team - Private Business
Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by PWC-1
Who we're looking for
PwC is looking for an experienced Senior Marketing Manager to join the One Firm Campaigns team, part of Sales & Marketing, focused on our Private Business sector.
Sales & Marketing is a centralised support function and covers all aspects of professional services marketing, sales support and business development. The prime area of focus for the function is to support the development and implementation of the firm's market strategy and in particular to ensure:
- We innovate every day
- We are inclusive by default
- We deliver commercial impact with purpose
- We tell stories that inspire
The One Firm Campaigns team is responsible for creating, delivering and evaluating marketing campaigns aligned to the firm's strategic growth priorities. Working in an agile and flexible way across campaigns and programmes, the successful individual will help ensure that we are continually focused on where we can create the most value for our clients and the firm.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to build on their existing expertise with the ambition of creating bigger, bolder and better campaigns which
- engage and inspire our clients
- drive sustainable and profitable growth
- define our brand in our chosen markets
To deliver against this ambition, the role requires a person who can act with integrity, work collaboratively and reimagine the possible, regardless of budget.
The candidate needs to demonstrate strong influencing skills and have a proven track record of working within complex stakeholder networks having demonstrated the ability to bring people along with them.
The candidate must also have strong analytical ability, and experience of capturing, analysing and developing recommendations based upon complex data sets (e.g. ROI, customer data, media plans).
We are looking for someone who is comfortable with ambiguity, but loves problem solving and is obsessed with creating the best possible experience for our clients, across all stages of the customer journey.
Experience of working both in an agency and client-side would be preferable, but not essential. Excellent project management skills are key.
About the role
This role will be responsible for the developing the strategy and overseeing the implementation of an array of integrated campaigns directly aligned to the firm's strategic growth priorities. The role will require somebody to be confident with strategy development, audience segmentation, customer journey mapping, media selection, channel and content management, analytics and ROI measurement. A strong aptitude for digital marketing and the experience of using this creatively, would be a distinct advantage.
The role will require close collaboration with multiple internal teams including
- business development and account teams to ensure that the campaigns effectively engage our priority accounts and create lead generation opportunities with defined audience segments.
- marketing teams in line of service, industries and regions to ensure that activity directly benefits relevant business areas and can be leveraged through localised channels and to other specialist buyers and influencers.
- the Client Relationship Programmes team to ensure synergies with key audiences are identified and realised.
- The Communication teams to deliver a true integrated campaign
- Other supporting functions to benefit from in-house expertise and experience
The role will report into the Head of One Firm Marketing.
- Development of campaign strategies which clearly align to the strategic growth priorities and commercial objectives of the UK firm.
- Effective management of the campaign activation and evaluation.
- Stakeholder management with relevant Partners, and related business areas.
- Responsible for overseeing the measurement of all campaign activity - capturing, analysing and developing recommendations based on multiple data sets.
- Management of marketing managers and execs who are also assigned to deliver campaign elements.
- Management of the campaign assets and ensuring that quality and risk standards are exceeded rather than just 'met'.
- Accountable for, and oversight of, the campaign budget to ensure that all time and costs are directed in the most effective way.
- Working closely with the sales / account teams to make sure we are targeting the right people at the right accounts and that all marketing activity is aligned to potential commercial outcomes
- Support to Head of One Firm Marketing in capturing best practice and learning insights from campaign activity that can then be shared across the wider marketing teams
- Working closely with other teams in Sales and Marketing to access additional expertise and knowledge to make One Firm Campaigns the best they can possibly be.
- Consulting with the Head of One Firm Marketing and Head of Client Relationship Programmes to ensure that all activity is aligned to the Sales and Marketing strategy.
- Proven track record in the provision of B2B and / or B2C multi-channel marketing campaigns and ideally account based marketing.
- Experience of using customer journey mapping to design, develop and adapt marketing activities or campaigns.
- Strong experience of creating campaign strategies and leading the implementation of such plans that have delivered commercial value.
- Understanding of brand positioning and how this is integrated into a campaign approach.
- Experience of measurement of marketing activities - good data analytics experience
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Strong knowledge of new and traditional marketing channels, including digital experience.
- Creative and innovative approach.
- Proactive with a positive 'can do' approach.
- Ability to lead and inspire teams through change and ambiguity
- A sound business understanding as well as being commercially and risk aware.