Senior Associate Tax Corporate Tax Compliance Manchester
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by PWC-1
A career in our Tax Compliance Services practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients with compliance across all taxes, statutory accounting and complex tax reporting. You'll focus on bookkeeping and monthly reporting, drafting, auditing and filing of local statutory financial statements, and transaction processing.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Our business continues to evolve and an opportunity has now arisen for an experienced Senior Associate to join our Manchester Corporate Tax Compliance team.
We are seeking someone with a firm grounding in corporate tax computations or has accounting experience from a client led environment and is looking to specialise in corporate tax.
You will work with a wide range of clients from multinationals to smaller mid-tier clients across a wide range of industry sectors (including regulated ones such as Financial Services clients etc.) This will give you a firm grounding in corporate tax.
Based on your experience you will be provided with a tailored training and support programme.
- Duties Include:
- You will undertake the preparation and completion of a wide range of corporation tax computations, including reviews of smaller computations and assisting clients with queries.
- Liaise with Data Management team to enable collection and analysis of tax data. Deal with client queries in relation to data requests during data exchange by exception or as escalated. Including preparation and review of follow up queries and correspondence with appropriate internal and external parties.
- Prepare corporation tax accounting disclosures, tax payment advice calculations, computations and returns using the firm's standard software for internal review by manager or senior manager.
- You will be expected to organise, monitor and manage your own work load.
- Assist in the development of other staff as required, which includes delegation and coaching.
- Draft budgets and assist with preparation and negotiations for new or repeat work. This is based on standard pricing structures and historical actual costs for work performed, in line with the firm's financial performance and risk management requirements
Further training and support will be given to allow individuals to specialise in specific areas of corporate tax.
Opportunities to work in other areas of CS such as Private Client Compliance.
- You will ideally be a fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CTA or ACCA/CTA finalist looking to continually develop your technical skills.
This is a very challenging career with unrivalled client exposure and diversity of clients. We offer excellent training and on-going professional development.
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we're one of the UK's leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here