FBDS Senior Associate
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by PWC-1
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Internal Finance currently has opportunities for two Senior Associates in the Functions Business Decision Support (FBDS) team. FBDS provides decision-support services to the central functions and parts of XLoS, which have a combined cost base of c.£0.5bn. Areas include Real Estate and Facilities Management, IT, Human Capital People teams, Risk and Quality, Finance, XLoS Sales and Marketing, XLoS Technology & Investments, and UK based Global Functions.
The successful applicants will be responsible for providing finance decision-support to assist the finance manager or deputy finance leader of one or more of the functional areas. This includes providing finance decision-support to the leadership team for the function.
- The roles provide an opportunity to gain commercial insight into firmwide support costs and a shared service business model. Internal Finance is led by the PwC Finance Partner and employs c.300 finance professionals who provide the following services across PwC financial accounting and control, management information, decision support, treasury and tax support.
Good IT skills (Excel spreadsheets and data manipulation) are required to make efficient use of the Firm's financial systems.
The roles will report to a finance manager or deputy finance leader.
About the day to day role
- Being responsible for monthly journals (preparing and processing accruals, prepayments, recharges and allocations)
- Assisting in the preparation of value-added financial analysis and reports for functions/XLoS, including explanations for major variances
- Supporting the Functions Finance leaders on the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Providing ad hoc support to Finance leaders on day to day financial management, as required. This includes
- Project code maintenance
- Cost centre/financial structure/staff changes
- Invoicing - sundry billing
- Authority updates
- Time analysis reporting
- Transactional review, analysis and reporting on the Firm's Financial systems
- Qualifications not essential, but ideally the candidates should be studying for an accounting qualification. Need to be financially competent.
- A clear personal pride for delivering high quality services to clients, including the ability to consistently manage their expectations and anticipate their needs.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Sound accounting and analytical skills
- Strong organisational skills, including multi-tasking and prioritising effectively
- Being proactive in identifying, flagging and offering solutions to potential issues or problems.
- Ability to prioritise and adapt within a dynamic working environment.
Internal firm services
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Internal firm services is a network of specialist support professionals and includes marketing, recruitment, human capital, finance, technology, learning and development, procurement, to name but a few. Each team plays a vital role in making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology across our business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.