Manager/Senior Manager - R&E
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by PWC-1
About the team
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Employment Tax Manager to join PwC's Employment Tax team in the South East. The team sits within PwC's rapidly growing Reward & Employment practice and a new position has been created for an employment tax manager to join our team in PwC's Uxbridge Office.
We provide consulting services, technical advice and analysis on all aspects of Pay Governance, Performance & Reward, Payroll Operations and Employment Tax Consulting.
Our clients are predominantly large and complex employers in both the public and private sectors. We advise on regulatory and legislative change and help clients to manage their employment tax risks effectively. PwC is a technology enabled business and we are leveraging technology solutions in a number of new and innovative ways to deliver employment tax services efficiently for our clients.
The successful candidate will be required to work as part of a regional and multi-disciplined team, advising a range of clients on all aspects of their pay practices and the tax and national insurance treatment of cash or share based remuneration, employee expenses and benefits. The candidate will also have an interest in technology and an awareness of the way in which data and digital solutions are shaping the market.
About the role
We require an employment taxes manager who is able to apply a range of technical capabilities and who will:
- Work collaboratively within a team.
- Manage a portfolio of clients across a range of sectors.
- Draft technically complex advice and supervise the work of junior staff (managing their personal and technical development, undertaking research and analysis of tax cases, reviewing legislative matters and responding to HMRC consultations).
- Research and articulate changes in employment tax regulations and best practice.
- Develop a personal network of contacts internally and externally and actively promote the PwC brand through social media and external networking events.
- Actively target and evaluate opportunities for developing new client opportunities and services. Support client proposal activities.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to delivering great client service.
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a regional team and through virtual networks.
- Able to apply good judgement, consult appropriately and manage risks.
- Is resilient, able to work to deadlines and will encourage and motivate junior staff.
- Strong analytical skills in terms of understanding the interaction of processes, technologies and people.
- An interest in technology and the benefits that it can bring in terms of efficiency, control and informational capabilities.
- ACA / CA / Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training / Law qualification / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
- Extensive employment tax/PAYE/NIC experience
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we're one of the UK's leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Hays Human Resources