Senior Finance Associate - TS London IFS
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by PWC-1
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
About the role
As a senior associate you should have strong business, technical, analytical and commercial skills and be able to apply your knowledge to provide advice to client-facing professionals in line with PwC policies and accounting standards. You should be forward thinking and be able to develop innovative solutions to support the business growth and profitability targets.
You will report to the Finance leader and work in a small team of finance professionals. Liaising with and working alongside other finance functions, you will develop a network of key finance contacts and build strong relationships, developing new skills.
Main areas of responsibility
Business strategy & strategic planning
- Use business insights and detailed analysis to provide the business and Finance Leader with support and guidance on monthly and full year revenue positions.
- Own and lead the financial support of a TS team including being the first point of contact for the team leader in relation to the financials.
- Provide ad hoc support to the Finance Leader/Finance Managers, responsible for sourcing information and providing quality analysis of information.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business issues and applying market, industry and firm knowledge.
- Support finance leads and the business in the annual planning and forecasting processes as required.
Performance management and improvement
- Provide commentary and analysis on the monthly financial results to Team/Sector Leader and Finance Leader.
- Responsible for monitoring areas of financial performance against Key Performance Indicators held in the financial scorecard, escalating issues where management action is required, with supporting analysis.
- Assists in conducting regular Partner/Director portfolio reviews, promoting best practice.
- Provide effective cover for the Finance Managers/Leader when necessary.
Financial control and compliance
- Provide Finance Leader and engagement teams with relevant accounting advice to support through the audit and year end processes.
- Provide relevant Financial Control expertise to ensure revenue recognition and accounting standards are achieved throughout the sector.
- Provide local financial risk knowledge to the Financial Control centre of excellence and support the central team with complex queries that require local business insight.
- Provide local intelligence to Financial Control in line with agreed guidelines.
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified or working towards being qualified
- Commercially minded with a deep business understanding
- Action-orientated and a self-starter
- Strong analytical skills
- Focused on continuous improvement in all areas of their work
- A strong relationship builder who builds trust in key stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Takes responsibility for own personal development
- Strong Excel skills and knowledge of data visualisation tools preferable
This is an office based role with the opportunity for flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home occasionally.
Internal firm services
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Internal firm services is a network of specialist support professionals and includes marketing, recruitment, human capital, finance, technology, learning and development, procurement, to name but a few. Each team plays a vital role in making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology across our business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.