Business Development Manager - Private Business - Scotland
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by PWC-1
About the Team
PwC is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Business Development Manager to work within the Sales & Marketing Team (SMT).
The New Business team focus on building relationships with target clients, generating new business opportunities in the market, and promoting sales effectiveness & best practice across the firm. The team takes responsibility for ensuring that all new business development activity delivers return on investment and profitable revenue.
This role sits in the Private Business SMT team and will focus on the following
Driving new business development activity within the Scotland region focusing on the Private Business market. You will be expected to establish a network of commercial relationships and a pipeline of new business opportunities, providing the catalyst in your market for revenue growth.
Driving business development activity across a portfolio of targets and clients throughout the geography. Working closely with the key Partners across all service lines and Private Business leadership to drive profitable revenue growth.
The jobholder must possess the experience and professionalism to be credible in the market, as well as to challenge and influence senior management internally, and be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the strategic business drivers for PwC.
Sales & Marketing is a centralised support function and covers all aspects of professional services marketing, sales support and business development. The prime area of focus for the function is to support the development and implementation of the firm's market strategy and in particular to ensure:
- We innovate every day
- We are inclusive by default
- We deliver commercial impact with purpose
- We tell stories that inspire
About the Role
This role will focus on driving new business development activity for Private Business and will report to the Private Business SMT Leader.
You will work with key stakeholders internally to identify, develop and convert new business opportunities. Key responsibilities will include
- Management of a portfolio of key targets consisting of a blend of existing clients and new (whitespace) opportunities.
- Drive client facing activity by identifying opportunities and securing meetings within that portfolio.
- Implement best practice to expand our relationships across the portfolio and drive new opportunities.
- Build your profile in the market and establish yourself as a recognised PwC figurehead, acting as the focal point of all business development activity.
- Establish a network of commercial relationships with intermediaries and the wider business community
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities & drive the pursuit process through to conclusion
- Attend relevant client and/or intermediary events to network and represent PwC in the market. Ensure effective follow up.
- Develop an understanding of key client issues and the relevant PwC propositions that are successfully generating revenue
- Support, drive & deliver key national Sales Campaigns when required
- Coach Partners & Staff on business development best practice
- Attend and/or chair relevant internal business development meetings and drive subsequent actions.
- Ensure the messages & learnings from Client Feedback are shared and acted upon to help increase opportunity conversion & client satisfaction
- Accurately record all business development activity (meetings and opportunities) in our CRM system to evidence performance and ROI
Essential skills needed for the role
- Graduate calibre with a proven track record in a client facing business development role.
- An expert understanding of targeting & lead generation with the ability to implement both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- The proven ability to drive and develop a pipeline of opportunities.
- Strong knowledge of Pursuit, SPIN, Miller Heiman or another relationship/sales methodology and evidence of using it to drive opportunities through to revenue.
- Experience of operating in a complex organisation with service focused propositions
- Strong relationship management skills
- Proactive with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Self starter able to work effectively as part of a 'virtual team'.
- A team player. Able to actively contribute & participate as a member of the Sales capability and wider SMT Function.
- The ability to build networks with Partners & staff at all levels across the firm and influence effectively.
- A sound business understanding as well as being commercially astute and risk aware.
- An accomplished networker
- A good communicator