Senior Associate - Business Intelligence Analyst - West & Wales
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by PWC-1
A career within Data and Analytics Technology services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. We make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge.
Who we are looking for
The use of data is becoming more and more important to our clients. To meet this growing demand, we are significantly investing in our practice globally to offer a wide range of data- related services, from data governance and data quality, through to strategy development, visualisation and advanced modelling and analytics.
We are currently looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to join our growing Data and Analytics team in the West and Wales. We have ambitious plans and are looking for individuals who can develop and build our go-to-market propositions and excel in client delivery.
About our team
PwC works with some of the largest UK and International organisations, which are increasingly using data to drive their business, serve their customers and meet expected standards and regulatory requirements. As data becomes even more integral to the operations and management of our clients, the business environment in which they operate is becoming more complex. This introduces new and ongoing challenges to understand and make effective use of the data that they hold. It is essential that we are equipped to help our clients face these challenges and take advantage of the opportunities that new techniques and technologies present.
Our Data & Analytics team works with clients to deliver crucial insight through data analytics, advanced modelling and data visualisation. We also help our clients to establish the right controls, processes and structures to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information. We often provide assurance that information and data provided to regulators and third parties is accurate, complete and can be trusted.
What makes us different is our ability to combine data analytics and assurance with ourother offerings across the firm, enabling us to provide truly innovative services and solutions to our clients business and utilise industry leading data analysis techniques and approaches as part of excellence in client delivery.
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join our Data and Analytics team in the West and Wales. The right candidate will have hands-on business intelligence experience, an eye for innovation to help us build client offerings, and an understanding of the markets in which we work.
About the role
PwC's strength is our ability to work with our clients on the key issues that impact their business and utilise industry leading data analysis techniques and approaches as part of excellence in client delivery.
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join our DAA team. People with the right blend of hands-on data experience, an eye for innovation to help us build client offerings and an understanding of the markets in which we work.
The successful candidate(s) will be:
- Contributing to the growth of a fast-developing data science capability within the firm;
- Identifying opportunities to help our clients using data and analytics;
- Building proposals for our clients to help demonstrate how leading analytical techniques can solve their most pressing business problems and drive efficiencies and insight;
- Working on (and leading) client projects, from requirements gathering and solution design, through to delivery;
- Using a range of business intelligence tools and techniques to uncover insight and value;
- Presenting findings and deliverables to senior stakeholders in written reports, delivered presentations or interactive dashboards; and
- Coaching and mentoring junior members of the team in business intelligence tools,techniques and methodologies.
- Demonstrable work experience in business intelligence;
- Strong analytical skills and organisational abilities;
- The ability to capture business requirements and translate them into a technical solution;
- Fluency in at least one business intelligence tool such as Qlik, Tableau, Power BI orequivalent;
- Demonstrable experience of solving business problems using technical acumen andand analytical methodologies;
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig or similar;
- Great communication skills;
- An understanding of business operations, common business problems and the technology and techniques that can address them;
- The ability to develop strong client relationships; and
- Clear, articulate and confident written and verbal communication skills.
Not essential, but the successful candidate would ideally have:
- Experience of working with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Presto, Redshift, Spark or similar;
- Experience of developing and implementing machine learning models;
- Demonstrable experience in project management and leading teams;
- Experience of coaching and developing other members of staff;
- A technical background in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Analytics or similar;
- The ability to gain a UK Government Security Clearance;
- Experience of business analysis tasks and approaches; and
- Experience of working in cloud environments such as Azure, AWS or equivalent.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here