New Business Manager - Sales - Scotland
Posted on Jan 15, 2019 by PWC-1
About the role
The Scotland team are looking for a strong Sales Manager to support our regional key client accounts by driving profitable growth across an allocated portfolio of accounts. We are looking for someone who is comfortable in front of clients, creating new opportunities and has a track record of building strong relationships with key decision makers. You will use your sales expertise, knowledge of our products and services, and sector specialism to build credibility with your clients and identify new business opportunities. Quality of delivery is key and therefore you will have a proven track record of understanding KPIs, producing strong documentation in support of client activity e.g. relationship maps and account plans.
About the team
The Scotland Region Sales & Marketing team is made up of a group of marketing, proposals and new business professionals. The vacancy sits within new business and is focused on supporting key client accounts for the region. The team takes a segment approach to our client groups and this role would be supporting a segment of key clients that warrant specialist sales support.
Sales & Marketing is a centralised support function and covers all aspects of professional services marketing, sales support and business development. The prime area of focus for the function is to support the development and implementation of the firm's market strategy and in particular to ensure:
- We innovate every day
- We are inclusive by default
- We deliver commercial impact with purpose
- We tell stories that inspire
- Position yourself as the relationship manager with your accounts
- Establish yourself as the focal point of all activity on your accounts, both internally and with the client.
- Drive external client facing activity by securing meetings with new and existing contacts
- Establish a network of commercial relationships across your allocated accounts
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities on each account and drive the pursuit process through to conclusion
- Attend relevant client and/or intermediary events to network and represent PwC. Ensure effective follow up.
- Develop a thorough understanding of your clients key issues and the relevant PwC propositions, ensuring we deliver the full breadth of the firm for their benefit
- Lead account planning meetings, ensuring they are client focused, commercial and actions are delivered upon.
- Support, drive & deliver key national Sales Campaigns through your accounts
- Coach Partners & Staff on business development best practice
- Ensure the messages & learning's from Client Feedback are shared and acted upon to help increase opportunity conversion & client satisfaction
- Accurately record all business development activity (meetings and opportunities) in our CRM system to evidence performance and ROI
- Build a strong network with peers across the UK Regional team, contributing to best practice and driving innovation within the Sales Capability.
- Significant experience in a new business development role within PwC and/or other complex service focused organisations.
- Strong knowledge of Pursuit, SPIN, Miller Heiman or another relationship/sales methodology along with evidence of using in practice to drive opportunities through to revenue.
- Evidence of driving new business on key accounts or across an industry vertical through activity such as;
- identification of new contacts at the targets who are potential buyers
- driving new propositions across a portfolio
- identifying and driving repeatable solutions
- Demonstrate experience of developing and managing relationships with key decision makers at key accounts.
- A track record of generating revenue with new relationships.
- The proven ability to develop and drive a sustainable pipeline of opportunities.
- Previous experience of managing / driving sales campaigns with associated project management skills
- Evidence of working with other teams in Sales & Marketing on cross-functional projects
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders at a senior level