Insight & Analytics Market Insight Analyst
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by PWC-1
A career in Sales and Marketing, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to focus on positioning a distinctive PwC brand in the marketplace and driving long term revenue growth. Our Sales and Marketing Generalist - Practice Support team focuses on designing, developing, and implementing communication programmes and media events to promote and sell PwC's brand and services as well as contribute to and evaluate our pricing strategies in the marketplace.
Sales & Marketing is a centralised support function and covers all aspects of professional services marketing, sales support and business development. The prime area of focus for the function is to support the development and implementation of the firm's market strategy and in particular to deliver
- Inclusion by default
- Living Intelligent Digital
- Telling stories that inspire
About the Sales & Marketing Team
This role is within the Market Insights team which is part of Sales and Marketing. Sales and Marketing is a centralised support function and covers all aspects of professional services marketing, sales support and business development. The prime area of focus for the function is to support the development and implementation of the firm's market strategy and in particular to deliver
- Revenue growth
- Enhanced relationships and networks
- A distinctive brand experience
Our firm's strategy is designed to provide a sharper focus on market issues in order to prioritise growth opportunities and align our resources to deliver them. Our plan is to obtain transformational growth of our consulting market share and also to extend our lead in our core businesses of, tax, and deals services and respond to effectively to mandatory firm rotation.
We're looking for an analyst at executive level to help PwC's Insight & Analytics team drive the production of high-quality outputs and innovative analysis. This role will add to our capacity across a range of areas, including market trend and competitor analysis.
We're keen to hear from candidates with exceptional secondary research skills. The job holder will have formal training in statistical or econometric analysis and applying a holistic approach to analysis that focuses on how drivers of change interrelate. A working knowledge of key UK policy initiatives and current policies is a plus.
About the role
The Market Insight team provides the firm with an outside view of the market and prides itself on analytical rigour. Our outputs uses a combination of written analysis accompanied by interactive charting and analytics created from multiple data sources as well as industry and government data.
In this role, the successful candidate
- Analyses and synthesises large data sets and reports to draw out key findings as well as identifying problems and recommending solutions that are logical and realistic
- Assists on a range of projects
- Monitors and interprets major market developments and identifies macro themes and trends affecting industries
- Focusses on the external market, recommending actionable solutions and guided by the highest standards of integrity
The role will report to the Head of Market Insight which is one of the sub-teams within the Insight & Analytics team.
- Exceptional problem solving, organisation and communications skills; capacity to learn quickly and execute accurately; comprehensive knowledge of UK and international markets.
- Strong interest in industry trends to develop detailed market overviews
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability
- Strong work ethic and a drive for excellence
- Ability to perform under pressure amid tight deadlines
- Team player, self-motivated and commercially minded
- High attention to detail
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Degree in the following areas Business studies, Marketing, Mathematics or Statistics
- Hands-on experience in systems thinking
- Experience in using big data analysis tools such as Python or R
- Experience of data visualisation software such as Microstrategy, Tableau, Qlikview and Power BI
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.