Senior Sales Manager - West & Wales Region - Sales & Marketing
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by PWC-1
About the role
PwC requires an experienced, market focussed senior manager to partner with the business and sales & marketing, within the West & Wales region.
The regions are recognised as a profitable growth area for the firm and is a highly fragmented and complex market, with a range of companies from large FTSE PLC's to smaller start-ups.
The roles will be responsible for:
- Liaising with local leadership to understand the local market dynamics and relationships and networks, to plan and execute the Place & Purpose strategy, in the West & Wales geography.
- Engaging local sales & marketing, in line with the vision of the local leadership and regional strategy.
- Support the delivery of your region in collaboration with regional Team Leaders (Private Business, PCP, Inbounds) to deploy regional sales & marketing resource, to focus on driving an integrated approach to market, aligned to the region's growth strategy.
- Focus on the Priority Clients (PCP), key relationships and networks in the geography to ensure that the firm is positioned with appropriate business bodies/public and private sector.
- Work with Communications, Community Affairs and Recruitment to integrate and position PwC holistically in the region.
- Use appropriate sales and marketing capabilities to personally contribute to local focus market efforts (account focused on the PCP).
- The Senior Manager must possess excellent influencing and powerful communication skills, in order to be credible and to be able to engage senior management, as well as demonstrate a thorough understanding of the strategic business drivers for PwC.
- The jobholder must be creative and innovative and be able to effectively communicate key business messages to a diverse audience.
- Excellent project management skills are required, as is a proven track record developing markets.
Sales & Marketing is a centralised support function and covers all aspects of professional services marketing, sales support and business development. The prime area of focus for the function is to support the development and implementation of the firm's market strategy and in particular to ensure:
- We innovate every day
- We are inclusive by default
- We deliver commercial impact with purpose
- We tell stories that inspire
- The Regional strategy is designed to provide a sharper focus on Place & Purpose, Private Business, the Priority Client Programme and Inbounds, on a One-Firm basis.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for engaging with local leadership and collaborating with regional sales & marketing Team Leaders to deploy a multi-disciplinary team that positions PwC in the regional market and creates relevance for specific groups of buyers, converting market profile into revenue for each region. The role reports to the sales & marketing leadership via the Regions sales and marketing director.
In this role, it is important to:
- Work with local leadership to understand market opportunities, in line with business planning and growth strategy, consulting with the sales & marketing leads on Place & Purpose, PB, PCP and Inbounds to deploy support appropriately.
- Has a particular focus on positioning the PwC brand and growing revenue opportunities for the region, particularly in consideration of regional relationships and networks.
- Consults around the most appropriate method for driving revenue, growing client relationships and improving market profile, and ensuring that quality and brand values are always upheld locally.
- Role modelling and providing professional guidance to regional sales & marketing to ensure an integrated approach to market and that all activity is aligned to the region's strategy.
- Develops and interprets market insights (from market research, competitor intelligence, client feedback, post decision reviews etc) to help shape the regional market and business strategy.
- Plans and executes the region's marketing budget; including forecasts for future budgets.
- Ensures appropriate return on investment measures are in place for local Place & Purpose activity, to evaluate the effectiveness of activity and consult with the business regarding future planned spend.
- Engages with Communications, Community Affairs and Recruitment to support the holistic positioning of the PwC brand across all regions.
- Works with the sales & marketing leads on Place & Purpose, PB, PCP and Inbounds to deploy resource and ensure that the right capabilities are focused appropriately.
- Ensures the alignment of objectives with business priorities and strategy and feeds into the performance process.
- Collaborates with colleagues from other regions to leverage and execute the firm's approach to market.
Essential skills required
- Graduate calibre with a proven track record of marketing & business development success (ideally within a professional services environment).
- Strong knowledge of market development techniques, with experience of achieving growth in a range of markets.
- Experience of developing and implementing marketing and business development strategy, matched to commercial objectives.
- Experience of engaging multiple senior level relationships.
- Creative and innovative approach.
- Excellent influencing and powerful communication skills.
- Proactive with a positive 'can do' approach.
- Excellent role model.
- A sound business understanding as well as being commercially and risk aware.