Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by LEADERS OF WORSHIP AND PREACHERS TRUST
Purpose of the position
The Membership Officer is an important role within LWPT. The Membership scheme was successfully launched in January 2017 and now has over 2,000 members donating at three different levels. The Membership Officer will be responsible for managing and growing the scheme.
- Main point of contact for LWPT members
- Carry out a review of the Membership scheme with a view to develop new protocols
- Maintain accurate database data entries and follow donor administration processes
- Create Local Co-ordinator e-bulletins with Communications Manager
- Manage campaign mailings
- Working closely with the Office Manager to process Membership payments
- Deliver Membership benefits to members
- Produce Membership statistics using database queries and reporting
- Manage signups for Membership made to LWPT through third party organisations (ie Charities Aid Foundation)
- Generate Membership articles for quarterly newsletter for the Communications Manager
- Manage Membership email inbox
- Assist with and attend internal and external events where LWPT is represented
- As is usual in a small office, the Membership Officer will assist generally in the absence of other staff members as required
- Strong database experience and knowledge of CRM systems
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, written and verbal including a good telephone manner
- Ability to independently manage a varied workload
- Strong administrative skills
- Good attention to detail
- Experience in donor care and/or membership scheme
- Experience of Harlequin CRM
- Knowledge and experience in working with different Christian denominations
- Openness to change and willingness to learn
- Enthusiastic, positive and proactive
- An understanding of and sympathy with our Christian mission and aims
The Membership Officer reports to the Chief Executive and works in a team alongside the Editor, the Communications Manager and the Office Manager.
Hours and Remuneration
The post is based at the office in Watford and is offered at 14 hours per week. The salary is up to £25,000 pro rata (£10,000 pa). The holiday entitlement for this post is 25 days per annum (10 days pro-rated) and the post holder will also be auto enrolled into the pension scheme. The post holder is expected to occasionally attend external meetings and events which will therefore entail travel.
To apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter (no more than two sides of A4) for the attention of Amelia Gosal, Chief Executive by an email via the button below.
Closing date 5pm 26/01/19.
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Randstad Construction, Property and Engineering