Senior Programmatic Operations Manager
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Evening Standard Limited
ESI is an award-winning international media group and leading digital business. We reach more than 49 million international consumers a month and create world-class content and advertising solutions for passionate consumers online, on tablet, smartphone and in print. Our brands include The Evening Standard, The Independent and London Live.
The Operations team
The operations team consists of 3 main parts: Campaign management, Programmatic Operations and Ad technology. This Programmatic Optimisation Exec will be a part of a team of 4 and will have influence on other parts too. The operations team has grown from 2 to 10 members with in the span of last 2 years.
- Familiarity and understanding of current digital advertising offerings and products.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a high-paced environment.
- Good communication skills and an ability to deal and listen to people at all levels.
- Support Sales teams with reports and analysis for campaign delivery and pitches.
- Comfortable using Microsoft package including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook as well as Google packages.
The Sr. Programmatic Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the programmatic operations team, leading all the programmatic optimisation, data analysis, finance analysis, troubleshooting, helping with programmatic campaigns and playing a key role in programmatic strategy for ESI.
- Work very closely with Operations Director
- Overseeing and manage the programmatic operations and its strategy for UK, APAC and EMEA
- Manage financial reconciliation
- Work on several programmatic and operation related projects
- Help Troubleshoot any programmatic set up and campaigns
- Manage SSPs and Ad networks.
Day to Day Operations
- Managing team and their motivation
- Identify any issues and potential revenue opportunities
- Troubleshoot PMPs and maximise their performance
- Daily revenue tracking
- Regularly compare campaign objectives vs. performance data and identify strategies for maximising advertiser ROI
- Work collaboratively with Head of Programmatic and Operations Director on various programmatic strategy
- 1st level troubleshooting of any ad creative issues that affect tracking, implementation, or reporting.
- Day to day contact with various SSPs, adnetworks and finding opportunities to grow more revenue.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5+ years' experience working at a media company, SSP or ad network ideally in programmatic space.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a high-paced environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of RTB, audience data collection / tracking; ad network strategies and tactics, audience targeting best practice, ad serving, media reporting and analytics in web, mobile and video.
- Experience in using Ad server, SSP, DMPs and working with ad networks.
- Ability to work to deadlines, to prioritize work load and deliver accurate information on time to a high standard - and be comfortable under pressure and to work out of hours for issue resolution.
- Strong business acumen and account management skills; financial and revenue accountability.
- Robust analytical abilities and quantitative skills.
- Key attention to detail and ability to spot issues.
- Ability to take ownership and face challenges with enthusiasm.
- Excellent Excel skills (create custom formulas, pivot tables, macros, etc).
Salary for the role is £50,000-60,000 DOE + Generous bonus and benefits including private healthcare, company pension, season ticket loan scheme, Cyclescheme, Eye test vouchers,Free Gym and subsidised Canteen on site.