Control Room Operator
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Ascendant Recruitment
Control Room Operator
Temp to Perm
£21,000 per Annum
SHIFTS: 12 hours shifts on both days and nights.
Working a 42 hour week following a 4 on 4 off shift pattern (two days, two nights).
Our client has a great opportunity for a Control Room / Security Operator to join their team in the Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC). You'll be answering a variety of inbound calls from both customers and alarm engineers in a busy control room and deal with their requests as appropriate. You'll play a key role in ensuring alarm activations and security incidents are handled effectively and to our customer's specifications.
As part of the wider ARC team you'll provide customer support to a variety of contracts. You'll have previous experience within a customer service environment and be confident working in a fast paced, varied environment, putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
- Provide appropriate and efficient responses to signals from remote alarms across our customer network.
- Ensure defined escalation processes and procedures are always adhered to to reduce risks to customer premises.
- Be responsible for escalating and raising work orders for the VSG Engineering network to attend to defective security equipment on site
- Provide day to day support in relation to ARC systems ensuring that service is sustained 24/7 ensuring that any concerns are escalated
- Utilising all systems and dashboards to enable customers to be updated throughout the day
- An excellent level of IT literacy with an ability to quickly learn in-house systems
- Ability effectively prioritise tasks
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), must be confident on the telephones and be able to communicate at all levels
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Customer service oriented with focus on success
- People person with a proactive and positive attitude
- Effective problem solving & organisational skills
- An excellent attention to detail
If you are a talented and ambitious person then we would love to hear from you.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to get back to you within 24 hours. However, your application will be reviewed by a Consultant as quickly as possible and if you are shortlisted we will aim to call you within two working days.
If you do not receive a call please do not be despondent. Typically only one candidate can be successful per role! Please apply for any future roles in the same way. Good luck!