School Administrator Job, Hackney
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Are you looking for a School SIMS Administrator job in Hackney, London starting in January 2019 or sooner?
I am working on behalf of a school in Hackney, London that is looking for a School Administrator starting in January 2019 on an temporary to permanent basis, for the right applicant.
Working as a School Administrator you will need to combine your school based administration experience and SIMS knowledge to support the school office, to develop school administration processes.
You will be based in the main school office and will be an integral part of the smooth running of the school.
To be considered for the role as School Administrator in Hackney, London you must be able to:
Only candidates with school SIMS administration experience will be considered and contacted.
Main duties and responsibilities
* To assist in welcoming parents, children and other visitors to the school providing them with clear information as appropriate.
* To answer the telephone in line with school expectation, record and pass on messages quickly and effectively and deal with day-to-day routine enquiries in the office.
* To open, sort and redistribute mail including the unpacking, checking and distributing any deliveries to the school.
* To provide general administrative support to the school as required such as word-processing, photocopying of any documents that need distributing to others - reports, individual education plans and general school publications.
* To assist in the general filing and retrieval of information.
* To ensure that the office and reception areas are kept tidy and welcoming for visitors.
2. To operate the administrative systems within the school
* To effectively liaise with staff within and outside the school on pupil attendance, punctuality and related matters (letters to parents, for example) as required.
* Complete all admission arrangements for new pupils and families including tours of school, documentation, orientation and liaising with class teacher.
3. To provide support to the parents and pupils of the school
* To welcome parents and pupils to the school community and to provide support for them within the school.
* To assist parents, or direct them to staff in the school who may help them, in securing the benefits to which they are entitled.
* Ensure that parents who enrol their children at the school, or who may enquiries about what the school has to offer, are provided with the relevant information about what the school has to offer.
4. To assist within the framework and guidelines set by the Headteacher and the school's Business Manager in the management and finances of the school.
* To collect and record monies received in the office, including the accurate recording and processing of school dinner monies, trips and photographs and that this is done smoothly and efficiently thereby not cutting across other duties.
5. Extended Services
* To be first point of contact for parents regarding enrolling children in clubs/extended schools (Breakfast Club/After School Club/After School Activities)
* Maintain electronic records to ensure it matches manual records.