Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Anonymous
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for leading a team to manage materials and subcontract spend, compliance and logistics across the BBLCG contract. This will include creating and implementing new process, driving the delivery of the procurement strategy, supporting the Head of Procurement and developing the skills and understanding of the Buyers. This role will act as a point of contact for BBCLG procurement and logistics across the business and will regularly work with senior stakeholders.
The Procurement Manager has both internal and external recognition as an expert and is responsible for driving the sourcing process, supplier risk management, and collaboration with other departments.
* Develop strong relationships with leaders and key decision-makers in order to influence behaviours and ensure appropriate involvement of Procurement in all sourcing activities.
* Act as a key point of contact and advice for Procurement and Logistics across BBCLG.
* Develop, implement, communicate and monitor a comprehensive preferred supplier network across BBCLG, ensuring consistency and compliance.
* Develop direct reports through the provision of direct and actionable feedback, and creation of meaningful development plans.
* Put action plans in place to resolve non-compliance or opportunities identified through commodity research and spend analysis.
* Ensuring compliance to internal policies and procedures across the contract.
* Act on own initiative to address issues, driving continuous improvement and efficiencies within the Buying and Logistics teams.
* Interpretation and review of data and reporting of key metrics. Presenting internally on immediate and future priorities, risks, issues and potential solutions.
* Provide holiday cover for Head of Procurement if required.
The following qualities/experience are essential:
* Relevant business degree.
* Membership of CIPS (or working towards).
* 5+ years' experience within (preferably subcontractor) procurement environment.
* Experience managing and developing a team.
* Experience delivering training and on the job coaching.
* Proven track record of creating, implementing and embedding new processes.
* Natural and articulate around senior management. Good listening skills and able to focus on issues critical to senior leaders. Can deliver communication concisely and steer conversation towards decisions needed.
* Highly customer focused and concerned with meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
* Both a 'doer' to 'leader' and can comfortably adapt style to teach, coach, or delegate, as appropriate.
* Highly results orientated with a proven track of exceeding targets
* Independent worker with high degree professionalism and integrity
* Effective team working abilities
* Highly organised, able to prioritise and manage workload effectively without missing deadlines.
* Knowledge of procurement systems (e.g. Oracle, Bravo or similar)