Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Jobwise plc
This long established and highly successful local company is looking to recruit a Procurement Assistant. If you would like a salary of up to £20,000 and want to build a career at a company that's been trading for over 35 years and has a range of customers right across the UK then this is just what you are looking for.
About the company:
They are the largest network of independent distributors in their sector and have evolved over the years to be the premier independent brand. They have recognised quality standards and provide excellent service. They are a successful growing company who offer excellent prospects and a pleasant working environment where most have staff have been with the company for many years
About the role:
You will be working alongside the Procurement Manager to maintain and develop relationships with suppliers. Duties will include:
- Researching to identify potential new products and suppliers
- Maintaining and monitoring samples of products
- Preparing document for meetings
- Drafting and distributing documents to internal contacts and suppliers
- Gathering feedback from internal contacts
- Arranging and helping prepare and administer supplier account and performance reviews
- Acting as first point of call for incoming procurement calls
- Updating and maintaining supplier records and diaries
- Recording expressions of interest from potential new suppliers
- Carrying out supplier credit checks
- Updating supplier products, pricing and general supplier records
- Preparing cost analysis documents
- Supporting the administration of the procurement team on Excel compilation and presentation of various reports
- Supporting the procurement team to monitor supplier turnover
Skills and Experience required:
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar procurement administration or other administration role which demonstrates a strong eye for detail, strong use of Excel and analytical and numeracy skills. You will be comfortable using Word and have excellent Excel skills.
- A salary of £18,000 to £20,000 depending on experience
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free parking
- Pension scheme
If this sounds like a Procurement or Buying Administration role you would LOVE, please email your CV today
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven't been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held. Please check our Website and apply directly for any other suitable positions you see. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
Are you on Facebook? Consider following our Facebook page as this is the first place where we post the most up to date vacancies, along with CV tips, interview techniques and so much more. Check us out on Facebook.