Team Assistant - Building Consultancy
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by CBRE Ltd
To provide highly efficient team assistant support to a team within our Building Consultancy department.
This role will be working with two teams of fee earners, ranging in seniority, within the Building Consultancy team. You will also be providing wider support for the Building Consultancy team, based both the City and West End, where required.
• Responsible for all monthly billing for the team as well as creating invoices, ensuring the distribution of them for payment, reconciling income, disbursements (via the WIP), reporting and managing the monthly income and reporting back to the team head as well as chasing payment of any outstanding invoices, where required.
• Setting up projects using internal system, PeopleSoft, and learning this system thoroughly - ensuring AML checks and Conflict of Interest checks are completed.
• Learning all other systems within the company that are used within Building Consultancy.
• An understanding of the team's priorities including diary management. This involves organising travel (including itineraries), client and internal meetings, lunches and dinners, expenses management.
• Creation of PowerPoint presentations and pitches from scratch to a high standard.
• Effective "gate keeping": managing all incoming communication (including phone calls, voicemail etc.), efficiently establishing priorities and ensuring that all correspondence and enquiries are processed in an accurate, professional and timely manner.
• Being "one step ahead", i.e. knowing where they need to be, when and with the right paperwork in hand.
• Supporting the team typing, amending, formatting and binding reports using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF.
• Preparation of outgoing correspondence and various other documents.
• Full management of filing/e-filing, the creation and archiving of new/old project filing ensuring all is completed in line with ISO standards.
• Communicate with the team, ensuring a high level of awareness of current priorities and whereabouts, including attending any team meetings.
• Active role is assisting with department marketing.
• Assisting with the organisation of team events within the department.
• Provide training for new starters coming into the business.
• Drawdowns: Project related drawdowns for the team which requires management of third party invoices, which are then recorded and sent to the Client for payment.
• Prior Team Assistant/Secretarial experience.
• Excellent understanding of business finance.
• Maintain a positive and helpful attitude.
• Ability to prioritise and act on own initiative.
• Ability to work proactively and cooperatively.
• Able to work to deadlines and have a flexible approach.
• Experience of working with internal/external clients.
• Extremely professional, approachable and happy to help.
• Discretion and sensitivity around confidentiality.
• Excellent IT skills: Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint (production of high quality documents, reports and correspondence, diary and email management in Outlook).
• Ability to work quickly, and accurately.
• Excellent organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills: spelling, grammar and telephone manner.
• GCSE's - Maths and English Language - minimum C grade