Office Manager, DAI Global Health UK
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by DAI
DAI Global Health is looking for an Office Manager to work as part of their busy UK-based team. The position will be based in small, well-appointed offices in central London.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Office management and a variety of administrative and facilities functions to ensure the smooth running of DAI Global Health's small London office. The Manager will coordinate, with counterparts in DAI Europe's offices in Apsley (DAIE), on shared corporate services including HR systems, IT, facilities and suppliers, insurance and H&S.
KEY TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with DAIE to manage insurance policies and claims with brokers.
- Coordinate with DAIE to manage supplier/equipment maintenance contracts; ensure sufficient office and kitchen supplies.
- Coordinate with DAIE on reception coverage; receive visitors; handle mail and organise courier services.
- Maintain inventory of office equipment.
- Coordinate logistical arrangements for visitors; assist with events and meeting planning.
- Providing on-call support including coordinating with the security service.
- In collaboration with DAIE, manage and overseecleaning contractors and equipment maintenance; annual review of supplier contracts.
- Liaise with building management re facilities.
- Ensure communal areas of offices are kept tidy; oversee recycling.
- In the event of a future office move, liaise with the landlord, designers and contractors.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Serve as the DAI Global Health H&S Officer for the London office.
- Maintain First Aid box and instigate First Aider and Fire Marshall training for volunteer staff as and when required.
- Complete H&S checks and risk assessments.
- Organise H&S inductions.
- Serve as security focal point for the office.
Assist DAIE HR Department with tasks relating to Global Health, including:
- Recruitment administration and ensuring HR processes throughout the employment lifecycle are carried out in timely manner.
- Assist with keeping HR policies up-to-date and compliant.
- Liaising with external immigration advisor; ensuring compliance and maintaining sponsorship licences.
- Entering data on Oracle HR throughout employee life-cycle.
- Maintaining data and filing to comply with data protection requirements.
- Liaise with DAIE in dealing with benefits provider and maintaining appropriate records.
- Coordinate with DAI head office in the US and DAIE to ensure HR system requirements are met.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Several years of experience in a similar administrative role.
- Professional presentation with excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, comfortable dealing with people at all levels within the business.
- Ability to identify needs within the company and respond with appropriate HR and/or administrative solutions.
- Strong customer service orientation and timely delivery that reflects a sense of commitment to driving results.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information and work as a member of a cross-organisational team in a non-political manner.
- Ability to juggle a varied workload, and work effectively under pressure, including handling and managing detailed work with a commitment to quality and accuracy.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to take initiative and to work with minimal supervision.
- Degree or professional qualification in a business/HR related subject;
- Previous experience working for a US-based or global company;
- Knowledge of Oracle HR;
- Understanding of International Development
- Clean driving licence
Salary commensurate with experience. A generous benefits package includes company pension, private health scheme, cycle to work scheme and contribution to gym membership (after a qualifying period). We work 36.5 hours/week and have 25 days paid annual leave (rising to 28 days).
This position is full-time, based in London but working occasionally out of the Apsley office as required.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI's growing business, bidding for and managing donor-funded projects round the world, we look forward to hearing from you.
DAI is widely recognised for its commitment to international development, supported by extensive in-house technical and programme delivery expertise.
DAI Global Health delivers holistic, tech-enabled solutions, strengthening health systems and building global health security to save lives and improve well-being worldwide. With over 20 years of health experience, our global health team and regional partners lead with technical expertise and local knowledge to deliver data-driven and tech-enabled solutions which respond to issues across the spectrum of care - from strengthening health security such as emerging pandemic threats to addressing critical health systems challenges such as workforce shortages. DAI is committed to developing effective, accessible and affordable health care.
Hays Construction and Property