Help desk technician
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Macildowie Associates
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- First point of contact for local end users seeking help
- Assist with documenting technical solutions for hardware upgrades, disposal, loaner systems, asset inventory, software inventory, remote imaging, new hire setup, termination, relocation, remote or automated updates, and remote support
- Deploy software images for desktop PCs, laptops and mobile clients
- Troubleshoot and replace failed laptop, PC or printer hardware
- Build and maintain relationships with customers to ensure appropriate and agreed services are delivered
- Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine software and hardware problems.
- Follow internal IT processes; provide effective and timely support against our SLA's committed to our internal customers.
- Log, prioritize, and assign calls, voicemail, emails and walk-up requests in the IT ticket system.
- Manage deliverables associated with a project by prioritizing, tracking, and completing assigned tasks.
- All other duties as assigned.
Typical range of experience is 6 months -2 years with information technology and how information technology supports business objectives
- At least 1 years' experience of IT helpdesk support environments
- Must be able to work without supervision and able to set own direction
- Knowledge of PC Hardware troubleshooting skills related to desktop and laptops, printers and monitors
- Knowledge of computer basics including Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, network connectivity and communication protocols
- Knowledge of information technology and experience relating to information technology issues and problems
Skills and Abilities
- Good listening, verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Dedicated commitment in a team environment
- Promotes ongoing, consistent and positive change with a proactive approach to work
- Must be a self-guided individual capable of self-teaching and inner-direction. Will have a basic and intuitive understanding of what needs to be done
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Maintains current knowledge of information technology and keeps abreast of new and emerging technologies
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at .
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.