IT Project Manager
Posted on Sep 20, 2022 by The Royak Group Inc.
Reporting to the Applications Manager, the IT Project Manager manages the information technology projects from planning through implementation based on the company's Project Management Methodology.
- Appropriately utilizes project management methodologies and tools for both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Effectively facilitates meetings and cross-functional teams and communicates effectively in relation to audience.
- Develops and maintains project documentation to specifically address project scope, deliverables, project plans, cost tracking, resource usage, issue tracking and status reports for multiple and/or large, complex projects.
- Evaluates project risks, developing contingency plans and responding to change in risk as the project progresses.
- Develops escalation process to channel issues and concerns to appropriate parties.
- Oversees the implementation of the project(s) on a daily basis with regard to timeframes, budget requirements and quality.
- Effectively manages multiple priorities, initiatives and projects.
- Manages vendor relationships.
- Coordinates with various business areas to staff projects based on project requirements. Ensures project teams have necessary skills and experience to complete projects successfully.
- Manages project stakeholders, including core team, steering committees and vendors as applicable and others. Coordinates activities and ensures effective communication within project team. Leads meetings and facilitates effective communications to drive decisions and action items. Ensures project teams have necessary skills and experience to complete projects successfully.
- Provides regular reports and project status updates to management, stakeholders and others. Highlights successes, concerns, milestones, resolved issues and other important information. Documents process standards as required.
- Facilitates project scoping, ensuring that issues are raised, necessary input is obtained and project work is outlined. Obtains scope approvals as required. Manages and obtains approval for any scope changes after initial approval.
- Manages project budgets, ensuring expenses stay within established guidelines. Justifies and obtains approvals for any changes to budgets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- JD Edwards ERP experience: 3 to 7 years.
- Project management (PMI) certification.
Additional Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to lead and motivate others to apply problem-solving skills and techniques.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with ability to establish and maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.
- General business understanding, including planning activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with all employee levels.
- Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
- Strong knowledge in use of portfolio and project management tools.
- Ability to perform root-cause analysis and problem resolution preferred.