Corporate Communications Manager
Posted on Sep 20, 2022 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment UK
Corporate Communications Manager, London, UK (Hybrid). 12-month FTC, paid up to £64.022 per annum+benefits.
This opportunity is for Our Client, one of the biggest Tech companies, known for their search engine, and variety of tech and digital products.
- Work with the world's largest video sharing platform in a sector facing significant external scrutiny with big implications for viewers, creators and the business as a whole.
- This is a rare opportunity to work at the heart of all efforts to tell the very positive story the platform has to tell to key opinion formers in a number of key markets for the business.
- The role holder will help drive forward priority reputation-building corporate communications activity for the video-broadcasting service in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), with a particular focus on impact and regulatory campaigns.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Developing and helping to deliver corporate communications plans on regulation, impact and other corporate communications priorities as required.
- Media monitoring and reporting on key corporate communications priorities and regulatory files, with a view to informing internal stakeholders.
- Proactively identifying opportunities to communicate our story through the media and owned and operated channels.
*Good experience in corporate communications, working with key opinion former target audiences in mind - policymakers, journalists, NGOs - at least 4 years.
*Have good experience of developing materials for corporate communications campaigns with a clear business objective in mind, eg executive blog posts, press releases, pitches to media - at least 4 years
*Fluent in English; have excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills. A good, clear writer with excellent attention to detail.
*Excellent at developing presentations.
*Ability to simplify the complex in verbal and written form.
*This person will need to be able to get to grips with complex regulatory proposals and work out how to communicate a point of view about them in a straightforward, simple way.
*Be able to work collaboratively with a variety of different internal stakeholders, fostering a positive, productive working environment.
*Have a strong sense of what makes news and a good understanding of politics.
*Willing to get involved and pick up a wide variety of communications and research tasks to help the team to succeed Positive, driven, enthusiastic, willing to learn, seeks feedback in order to grow.
*Experience in regulatory or economic impact communications in a business setting.
*A good understanding of tech platforms and the reputational risks and opportunities they face.
*A good understanding of tech media and how platforms show up in tech stories, especially in Europe.
*Have good experience of using social media, especially LinkedIn and Twitter, as part of corporate communications campaigns - from advising others on how to use social to amplify their message, to spotting opportunities for social first campaigns/announcements.