Threat Analyst - Cyber Security
Posted on Sep 20, 2022 by GlobalLogic UK&I
We are GlobalLogic, a Hitachi Group Company.
Based across 14 countries, GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise - we help our clients imagine what's possible and accelerate their transition into tomorrow's digital businesses.
At GlobalLogic, we have a phenomenal track record of successfully delivering ground-breaking Cloud & Digital Transformation programmes and we have an international reach working with a wide variety of projects and customers. Our approach enables companies build the exceptional and be fit for purpose in the 21st century.
We hire based on personality, potential, and enthusiasm to make a difference, then we give you the tools and skills you need to follow your own path. You'll benefit by gaining exposure to a wide range of tools and technologies that you can then put into practice and become certified on various Cloud (and related) technologies that will help you to develop your own toolkit.
This role is based in our UK&I region, ideally Manchester, but will also consider London Edinburgh and Leeds
As a Threat Analyst your role will be focussed around the following
About the role:
- Designing security controls (with particular focus on detection of threat)
- Correlating numerous types of information in order to build an understanding of a given threat
- Writing detection or alerting rules
- Log analysis
- Working with SIEM tools (preferably Splunk)
- A minimum of 3 years working within Cyber Security
- Experience designing security controls (with particular focus on detection of threat)
- Experience correlating numerous types of information in order to build an understanding of a given threat
- Detailed knowledge of threat detection techniques and tools
- Detailed knowledge of infrastructures, architectures eg perimeters network, endpoint,
- Knowledge of MITRE Att&ck
- Knowledge of cyber threat intelligence
- Knowledge of User Behaviour Analytics
- Desirable, knowledge of threat modelling methodologies such as Diamond model, PASTA, STRIDE etc
Why GlobalLogic UK&I?
Our goal is to build an inclusive positive culture where everyone can feel comfortable being themselves, empowering people to create their own high standards and therefore more value. We work together to promote fairness while recognising, valuing and embracing differences - providing a transparent support structure and generous training budget to help our people develop skills to progress their career. Our region supports a hybrid model which can flex across a wide spectrum of working options determined by business, customer and individual needs.
We are an equal opportunities employer. It is our policy to promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation. We are proud signatories to the Tech Talent Charter which was created because solving the diversity problem in tech requires a collective effort across companies and sectors.
You'll benefit from a comprehensive health and wellness plan, private healthcare (clinical and mental wellbeing), discounted gym memberships, and in office yoga sessions and massages. We offer a fantastic benefits package including a competitive pension scheme and recognition schemes through bonus/reward initiatives. Colleagues are entitled to an annual volunteering day - so you can take time to support a cause close to your heart. We also love to stay social at our trips to the zoo, quiz nights, sports events, theatre trips and much more.