Application Security Engineer
Posted on Sep 20, 2022 by Linuxrecruit
This is a chance to utilise your application Security experience in a tech-for-good company taking the world (mainly the UK and US) by storm, by utilising the latest technologies to make a real-world difference in peoples lives, in the medical industry.
The company are in the process of creating a predictive digital platform that will let patients to self-manage their everyday needs. To do so, they're collaborating with the brightest security minds (YOU!) to innovate them us on their mission to put an affordable and accessible health service in the hands of every person on earth... You, as a strong and hands-on technical security engineer will be tailor made for this opportunity.
Upon taking this contract on, you will be tasked with delivering security engineering improvements by automating security processes and incubating new security services with the goal of effectively driving down risk across the entire product ecosystem.
From day one you will take. on the responsibilities of the security expert for multiple product lines, enabling secure product delivery. You will perform threat modelling, security code reviews, prioritise security risks and solve challenging security problems. You will also take part in the evaluation and drive remediation for product vulnerabilities that are found internally, privately or publicly disclosed. You mindset should be to foster a positive security culture in the organisation and extend application security reach throughout.
To take this one on, you will need to following experience:
- Extensive security engineering experience, with strong applied knowledge in; application security, cloud security, mobile security.
- Experience solving application security challenges in cloud native web applications or services (AWS).
- Ability to read code and provide code level security fixes in Python or Ruby.
- Application security tools experience: Burp, WASP ZAP and other SAST and DAST tools.
- Strong knowledge in identifying threats and proposing solutions to solve them effectively.
This contract is fully remote and really not to be missed. This company only hire the very best people, so you know you'll be working alongside people who will challenge you but also further your knowledge and experience.
Apply now for the full details.