Principal Network Engineer
Posted on Sep 20, 2022 by Hays Specialist Recruitment
Principal Network Engineer, Hybrid, CCNP, NTL/Telewest, MPLS, ISIS, DOCSIS, VDC, SDP.
Your new company
Major UK Telecoms provider.
Your new role
You will provide expert Network support at a Principal Level.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience with NTL or Telewest advantageous.
- Previous experience in a support role in a Tier 1 Service Provider.
- CCNP Certification advantageous.
- Extensive experience in supporting carrier/enterprise grade network infrastructure; Juniper, Nokia, Cisco.
- Understanding of HFC, DOCSIS and CMTS technologies.
- Comfortable in a multi-vendor, multi-protocol, ISP environment.
- In-depth understanding of underlying network fundamentals not limited to TCP/IP, Routing, Switching and the OSI model.
- Process oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving and problem resolution.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to adapt to technical and non-technical audiences (up to HoD/Director level).
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary of up to 70k is offer, plus bonus and company benefits package. In addition to this, the role is hybrid with only one day per week required in the Reading or Birmingham office.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.