FPGA Design Engineer
Posted on Sep 20, 2022 by Yolk Recruitment
FPGA Design Engineer - £72 per hour inside ir35 - 6 months (extensions highly likely) - Hybrid (majority on site) - Bristol or Stevenage - one stage virtual interview - start date ASAP - SC security clearance required - Sector: Aerospace & Defence
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for FPGA Design Engineers to work with a cutting-edge aerospace and defence company working on state-of-the-art technology. This is an exciting opportunity expand your skill set with a range of industry leading projects ranging from advanced signal processing systems (Image/Radio), core Embedded processing systems, through to safety & security critical systems.
- Generating complex FPGA architectures and design implementations (VHDL, Simulink etc), targeting Xilinx, Intel, Microsemi devices.
- Verifying complex FPGA implementations using VHDL and System Verilog/UVM test-bench methodologies.
- Using FPGA design toolsets and Mentor verification tools (QuestaSim & ModelSim).
- Generating low-level software (C) to facilitate FPGA test and integration with the wider Embedded system.
- Configuring and Documenting designs to a high professional standard.
- Experience in FPGA development.
- Competent VHDL Language and Design Skills.
- Competent Verification Skills using VHDL and SystemVerilog methodologies
- A deep proven level of experience designing for Xilinx, Intel or Microsemi FPGAs
- Experience of professionally configuring and documenting designs
- Experience within the automotive, aerospace, defence, or design consultancy sector
- 3+ years' experience in FPGA design
- Experience of working as part of a large multidisciplinary team