Posted on Sep 20, 2022 by Scott-Merrick LLP
The Company & Opportunity:
Technology company/SaaS providing payroll and workplace pension services primarily targeted at the Small and Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) space. In addition to providing the UK's only truly independent workplace pension service, the platform offers a high level of automation to make employers and employees lives easier when it comes to workplace savings. The company is expanding its product team and are looking for an individual with take responsibility for the entire payroll life cycle of their clients, which range from single director firms, up to 150-person payrolls.
This is not your typical payroll opportunity, working alongside the product lead for payroll services, they require someone with real-world operating payrolls, understanding and supporting the product development process from client feedback, requirements gathering and keeping abreast of industry news. The role will be all encompassing, incorporating marketing, payroll operations & management, and pre/post sales. The role offers career growth and a flexible working opportunity, as the company operates a fully remote role apart from occasional meetups a month in their London office.
Skills, traits, experience and responsibilities for the Payroll Advisor role are:
- A real passion to make The payroll experience better'!
- Prepare monthly payrolls according to clients' instructions in compliance with UK employment law
- Providing support (and potentially training) to colleagues on payroll-related issues and assisting in the ongoing design of the company's payroll solution
- A strong communicator who can articulate the product's value proposition to help prospective clients understand how it will add value for their employees
- Work closely with all internal stakeholders across Product Development, Operations/Support and Client Services for scale and cost effectiveness
- Support and grow client relationships
- Reporting on progress, issues, metrics around the payroll initiative on a regular basis
- Personable and empathetic manner to convince stakeholders on product direction.
- An Understanding of the basics of workplace pensions is essential but full training on the product/service will be provided.
- A current payroll qualification would be an asset, but isn't mandatory
- Practical experience with KeyPay or another cloud-based payroll solution.
*The role is fully remote with occasional trips into London for team meet-ups.
The Payroll Advisor role is paying a base salary dependent on experience, ranging from £40K-£60K, plus benefits including: 6 weeks holiday and pension.
Please apply now for a more detailed specification for the position: Payroll Advisor
Scott Merrick LLP are acting as an employment agency regarding this vacancy.