Interim Finance Quality Assurance Manager
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Anonymous
A key purpose of this role is to design and implement a modern and efficient support service function for the Finance Service and to lead the development of a new Quality Assurance function within Finance.
The role carries responsibility for the review of existing support process and to lead the successful design and implementation of new efficient business practice that will streamline processes and procedures to improve service delivery outcomes.
A further key purpose of the role is to develop and implement a Quality Assurance function across the Finance service. This new function will require to drive optimum internal and external stakeholder outcomes through management of timetables, delivery of reports/other outputs and ensuring a framework is in place to enable more effective compliance with audit requirements and all other relevant action plans.
The jobholder will ensure that all new processes and procedures are transitioned effectively into business-as-usual. The role requires the development of a robust plan to sequence transformation activity in order that change in this field takes place effectively and sustainably.
The jobholder will be required to establish, manage and develop relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external and support the development of future sustainable capability, striving for excellence in service delivery.
A future core responsibility is to build a team of highly engaged staff to develop this new function within Finance.
Support and encourage an environment of continuous improvement.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Lead the design, development and implementation of a modern support services function that will underpin the new service delivery model for Finance.
2. For all aspects of the support service function, develop new business
processes and procedures ensuring that these are fully documented and enable increased efficiencies for the service.
3. Directly manage the development of the supporting framework of policies and procedures) moving disparate systems and management arrangements into one central system and one corporate approach.
4. Design, develop and implement a robust committee secretariat function for the service, developing processes and procedures to ensure efficient and effective delivery.
5. Lead, develop and implement the programme of quality assurance within the service to improve the reputation, efficiency and effectiveness of the function.
6. Develop a framework of systems and processes to drive forward the delivery of required service outputs (e.g. reports, action logs, audit recommendations etc.) on time and to the required standard (e.g. development of robust timetabling/scheduling to allow time for checking and review).
7. To oversee the development of a system that ensures Finance has
appropriate membership of working groups, committees etc. and that
actions arising from these meetings are appropriately managed and
8. To develop a records management system that works effectively across the service resulting in more efficient practice.
9. To maintain and update appropriate information in relation to the service such as organisational structures, floor plans, SCOPE information etc.
10. Build and sustain capacity and capability within the team to ensure that new business processes are effectively implemented.
11. Support an environment that encourages continuous personal development and build trusted relationships with colleagues/stakeholders to ensure operational effectiveness is not impacted and the programme outcomes
12. Will be responsible for managing and assessing risk within all areas of managerial/supervisory responsibility. The above accountabilities and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and the Jobholder may be required to undertake additional duties that are consistent with the level and grading of the role.
Educated to HNC level and/or relevant experience of delivering change (review of existing processes, development of new systems);
A proven track record of managing and delivering a support service function.
Experienced in office management and planning/co-ordinating/scheduling service wide activities;
Experience of providing committee secretariat support;
External and Internal stakeholder management experience;
Demonstrable and proven experience of leading a team;
In-depth experience and demonstrable practical application of managing systems;
Excellent facilitation skills;
Agility - make decisions within remit and execute in fast, simple and focused way;
Ability to develop and implement change in complex environments; Excellent attention to detail.
Excellent IT skills across the range of MS applications.
This full time post is temporary for up to 12 months.
The following supervisory competencies will be used for the selection process:
1. Respect for Diversity
2. Effective Communication
3. Job Knowledge
5. Personal Effectiveness
6. Problem Solving
7. Service Delivery
8. Team Working