Windows Applications Build Engineer - 6 month FTC
Posted on Jan 15, 2019 by Anonymous
Building, testing, maintaining and updating Windows applications for deployment to client machines through Mirage and the VM Core desktop. Ensuring the Windows operating systems base layer is kept up-to-date regularly with patches to reduce security vulnerabilities.
Key Purpose of Job
• The role will work under the guidance of the 3rd Line Engineer.
• The role will ensure the client side machines are kept up-to-date with the latest software and patches to make them run efficiently and securely.
• Develop application layers for deployment to client machines through Mirage and the VM Core desktop.
• Develop Windows operating systems base layer is kept up-to-date regularly with patches to reduce security vulnerabilities.
• Ensure that configuration management processes are maintained.
• Build and test the core Windows operating system base layer ensuring it is correctly patched and is operating securely and efficiently.
• Build and maintain the application layers for the core business applications, ensuring they updated to the latest version and patched correctly.
• Testing the compatibility of the operating system and applications after updates to ensure they run correctly.
• Evaluation of new software and software releases with the Service Delivery and Business systems teams.
• Providing support for technical system inquiries within the IT team.
• Provide support to the Service Delivery and Business systems teams for the deployment of applications.
• Configuration and customisation of applications as appropriate under the guidance of the service delivery and business systems teams.
• Ensuring change control documentation is updated correctly to provide a good audit trail for changes.
• Ensure process and build documentation is kept up-to-date.
• Diagnosis and troubleshooting of assigned tickets to resolution or escalation where necessary once fully investigated.
• Other tasks as directed by the 3rd Line Engineer & Service Delivery Manager.
Knowledge & Experience
Qualification (O/A Level, BTEC/NVQ, Degree) in Computing, Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent.
Computing qualifications an advantage but not required.
The ideal applicant will have good experience of installing and testing windows applications and operating systems.
The role does not require previous experience deploying applications via Mirage or working with virtual environments, although this would be beneficial to the role.
Knowledge & Skills
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
Good working knowledge of the Windows desktop operating systems and common applications.
Proven experience with managing and maintaining Computers.
Good attention to detail.
Capable of working to procedures and build instructions.
Capable of working without supervision and taking responsibility for deliverables.
Competent problem solving / troubleshooting skills.
Ability to work under own initiative and in a busy environment.
Able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
Display logical and analytical skills.
Index Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion