Housing Options Officer
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: £23.00ph - £27.00ph Umbrella / £18.20 - £21.37ph PAYE
My client is based in a busy Somerset council and is looking for a Housing Options Officer with proven experience working within the HRA legislation and writing section 184 decision letters. On an initial 4- month contract to deal with the high volume of applications, the role comes with a high possibility of an extension.
This role sits 'Inside IR35'.
My client wants a driven, hardworking and motivated person with experience in all aspects of Housing Options. With generic process in place you will need to be adaptable to the caseload and manage their time effectively. Customer service skills preferred as you will be required to resolve all issues in a calm and effective manner. It is a big team, and good communication is crucial to offer the best service possible.
About the role
* Assist in new initiatives designed to prevent homelessness
* Investigate all homeless applications within the time frame set
* Make section 184 decisions under Housing Act 1996 Part VI & VII
* Offer preventative advice in line with HRA legislation
* Manage a large caseload of current cases from start through to completion
* Exhibit a strong working knowledge of the HRA legislation
* Interview and carry out home visits to clients when necessary
If you are interested in the role and have a background in Housing Options / Homelessness get in touch